As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - PATV - Play Date – Greed Corp

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - Play Date – Greed Corp

Jerry, Kiko, and Erik harvest fat stacks in Greed Corp.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    DasilodaviDasilodavi Registered User regular
    I remember when Jerry posted about this when it came out. I thought it would explode in popularity, having received the "PA Bump." It did not catch on.

Also, holy sh**, Moonbase Commander! Yes. That was my first experience with enjoying a game, dipping a toe into the online world, and getting absolutely f**king crushed. Good times.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I loved this game when it came out, still do. One day I'll make a physical board game version of it to play with friends.

I'm surprised they didn't manage to see a way out of the stalemate they found themselves in. Take the enemy ground and then build a harvester on it so their land self destructs was the way out.

• Options
    KestralbKestralb Registered User regular
    I definitely enjoyed this game when it came out as well. Quite painful to watch them sloooowly edge themselves into what finally became an un-winnable position in the video.

• Options
    metroidkillahmetroidkillah Local Bunman Free Country, USARegistered User regular
    I think it is pronounced "corp" (short for corporation) and not "cor" because then it would be spelled "corps"- as in Marine corps.

But maybe not.

I'm not a nice guy, I just play one in real life.
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I think it is pronounced "corp" (short for corporation) and not "cor" because then it would be spelled "corps"- as in Marine corps.

But maybe not.

According to this web site (http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pronunciation/english/corp), the "p" is pronunced.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    Mike FehlauerMike Fehlauer Registered User regular
    The opportunity was at 22:10. If they'd taken both of their 16 stacks to the North complex, and captured both of those adjacent bases, they'd have won. The remaining Southern enemy base would have flown it's single stack to capture one of their bases, and they'd end up net +1 base (with a cash advantage).

• Options
    ThaYoostThaYoost Registered User new member
    Hey guys, Thanks for the love! The game still has a special place for us as well. It's a pity your game grinded to a halt. The "we lost, thank god" is not the user experience a game designer aims for obviously. The slow end-game happens to often, and it's a design flaw that I'd wish we'd been able to fix.
    To me the game shines best with four players on a couch against each other. Some of maps have some brutal chain-reaction potential ;D

Ohw and in-house we called the game Greed Corp with the P.

Thanks for taking the time to start this beauty up again. Hearing me music again put a smile on my face ;D

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    I like your shit, Jerry.