As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Recommended Downloads?

Goose!Goose! That's me, honeyShow me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
So, I've got my new computer up, running, and online (finally), and I've installed what I want on here (Steam + Orange Box, AIM, AVG anti-virus).

So...what else is there to download? I was debating getting iTunes but I have that taken care of on the laptop.

Anyone know a good program for downloading movies?

Any and all recommendations welcome.

Goose! on

• Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    iTunes store is pretty good for movies.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Winrar or 7zip are decent programs for unpacking files.

I usually use virtual drives since I hate fiddling with optical media, so Daemon Tools does that for me.

I haven't burned a CD or DVD in forever, but Deepburner is a decent free program for that. The built-in windows one has never worked for me, and Deepburner (the classic one) is lean and light enough, and more importantly simply works.

I generally use the K-lite codec, although nowadays it's a bit fussy and bloated. However some of the stuff it includes is really useful: Media Player Classic is great for video ( I prefer it to VLC player, which has more byzantine ways of doing pretty much the same things), Realtime Alternative and Quicktime Alternative are useful, especially when you don't want to fuck around with programs that install themselves into your taskbar.

Aside from that - well if you don't have photoshop you can try out GIMP for image mainpulation software, and for internet Opera and Trillian/GAIM work quite nicely.

Brolo on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    itunes store costs money. I am a leech and look for freebz.

GIMP is a good one though.

Goose! on
  • Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Browser: Firefox, Opera
    IM: Trillian
    Video: VLC, Zoom Player
    P2P: Bittorrent 6.0 Beta (basically the new uTorrent)
    Music: iTunes (some people hate it), Winamp (some people hate it), Windows Media Player (some people hate it), FooBar2000 (most people haven't heard of it)

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
This discussion has been closed.