As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Yeast 2016 (Craft beer swap)

KemicalKemical Registered User regular
edited April 2016 in PAX East
Welcome to the second annual Pax Yeast beer swap! If you like craft beer and meeting fellow beer geeks this is the event for you. It will be taking place on Friday, April 22nd at 7pm.

Here’s how this works. Head over to the PAX Yeast 2016 - Sign-up Sheet and sign up to bring a six pack or two of your favorite local craft beer. Optionally, you’re welcome to bring a 750ml bomber or two for trading or tasting. We’ll put all the beers in a pile, and you’ll get take home the same number of beers you brought. Just like last year we’ll be opening up some bottles/bombers/home brew brought for tasting.

After signing up please take a minute and join our Facebook group. This is a private group and will be used to post the room location and other important information.

I’ve taken over hosting duties this year in my hotel room at the Element Boston Seaport (one of the new hotels adjacent to the BCEC). Date and time are TBD, but will likely be Friday or Saturday around 8pm. I am capping this event at 15 swappers as things can get a bit...cozy with that many people in one room. Significant others are welcome to join, but please let me know ahead of time so I can get an accurate head count.

I want to give a special thanks to f33rNapalm and his lovely wife for kicking things off last year. I’ve met some awesome beer geeks through this event and they deserve kudos for such an awesome idea.

Kemical on

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Love the sample offerings :D

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    In for some craft b's! Love trying out different ales from all over the place.

• Options
    CatalepticalCataleptical New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Looking forward to it!

379by4cj0i1l.png
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Sounds fun! I've still got a few bottles of Pretty Things.

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    FYI for all - Trillium's tasting room is basically 2 blocks from the BCEC.

• Options
    schuss wrote: »

I took home a mixed case of Trillum last year. Their Congress Street IPA was fantastic. I'll definitely be back for more.

• Options
    ViolentMustardViolentMustard Registered User regular
    Can't wait! Thanks again for volunteering to host this year :biggrin:

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Yeah, thanks for hosting!

• Options
    flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    schuss wrote: »

Their Fort location is there, but it doesn't have tasting room (that's in their Canton location). Still Great beer like 5mins away!

• Options
    DeadsqwirlDeadsqwirl Bristol CTRegistered User regular
    I'm in on this! sounds super fun and delicious.

• Options
    University OgreUniversity Ogre Registered User regular
    I had a friend do this last year and he really enjoyed it. I'll be taking slot #14.

• Options
    Now that the schedule is out do we have a day yet?

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    looking at the signup sheet: Friday 8 PM

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    Didn't even think to look there, thanks

• Options
    coflroptercoflropter Registered User regular
    Aghh. Looks like I'm going to have to drop out, have fun though!

VEIYCZd.png
  • Options
    ViolentMustardViolentMustard Registered User regular
    Hey all, just a quick update that PAX Yeast will be Friday, 7-9 pm now that more details are out about parties and concerts!

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Hey all, just a quick update that PAX Yeast will be Friday, 7-9 pm now that more details are out about parties and concerts!

I updated the top post as well.

We currently have 14 of the 15 spots filled, so if anyone else wants to attend now is the time to sign up!

Kemical on