Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - On Demand

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - On Demand

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    ZomagicZomagic Registered User regular
    ... And I thought the keurig was useless. I'm with Alton Brown; allow me to scoff at your silly unitasker!

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Didn't Sony master this technology back in 2007?

i-khwDKgQ.jpg

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    The kittens back then would start screaming dark truths and crushing criticisms about you as a person eventually.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    KorboKorbo Registered User new member
    I'd buy it.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Zomagic wrote: »
    ... And I thought the keurig was useless. I'm with Alton Brown; allow me to scoff at your silly unitasker!

Yea had to look at that Tortilla Kickstarter, while the device is quite nice looking it has a big foot print and as you said is a unitasker Oh.. and its one Tortilla per pod, that right there is just mind bogglingly wasteful.

Get a nice Kitchen Aid Mixer and learn how to do it yourself, making Tortilla isn't hard, shit you don't even need a mixer use your goddamn hands.

Now if this was a Naan Bread machine that spit out garlic naan every minute.. then I would be reaching for my wallet. Then I would wear a suit of Naan and a dapper naan hat that I would tip, then dip in a nice lamb vindaloo and eat the brim.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    We're one step closer to the cool microwave from Fifth Element that Leeloo uses to make entire roast chicken dinners from a pellet.

• Options
    identeregareidenteregare Registered User regular
    Surely it would be "Mewrig"?

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    They ran into copyright problems when they wanted to do a device that could make *two* cats at a time. Apparently "Mewtwo" is already taken.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    LieutenantDanLieutenantDan Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1046165765/licki-brush-lick-your-cat

Presented without comment except for a comment about presenting without comment.

LieutenantDan on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Some years ago, I made the prediction that the biotech company which manages to make a kitten which stays a kitten for its entire life, and never grows into an adult cat, will make a friggin' mint.
    (This is already one aspect of domestication, but I mean literally.)

• Options
    Trogdor6135Trogdor6135 Registered User regular
    Until the third panel, I thought the Meowrig cooked cats, just like the last one cooked a tortilla.

Big distinction.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1046165765/licki-brush-lick-your-cat

Presented without comment except for a comment about presenting without comment.

I love my cats, but not this much.
    Hands and regular brushes work fine.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    But what do you do with the dead kittens? o.o

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    poipoigirl wrote: »
    But what do you do with the dead kittens? o.o

Make a big ol' messa General Tso?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    If you're going to jump to a racist joke you should endeavour to make it more interesting than that one.

• Options
    That's a racist joke?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Implying that Chinese restaurants/cuisine serves cat?

Yes. Yes it is (as the dish in question is typically made from chicken).

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    That's a racist joke?

A pretty lazy one too.

• Options
    Aegeri wrote: »

The (dumb) joke is that "ha ha, the meat you get at most chinese restaurants sure looks questionable, maybe it's cat!". That's how I've always understood the joke to be implied, anyways. If there's an offensive stereotype about Chinese folks eating cats, I've never heard it. Anywhoo, racism was not my intention so apologies if I upset anyone.

Also, General Tso's chicken is American cuisine if anything. That aint authentic Chinese :P

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    That's a racist joke?

A pretty lazy one too.

Is this any better?
    The cat pods will be cheap, it's the MSG and Five Spice "FlavorBlasters!" where they make the real money.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    The only way to improve that joke is to delete it.

• Options
    Aegeri wrote: »

The (dumb) joke is that "ha ha, the meat you get at most chinese restaurants sure looks questionable, maybe it's cat!". That's how I've always understood the joke to be implied, anyways. If there's an offensive stereotype about Chinese folks eating cats, I've never heard it. Anywhoo, racism was not my intention so apologies if I upset anyone.

Also, General Tso's chicken is American cuisine if anything. That aint authentic Chinese :P

Yeah, that's definitely in the racist jokes playbook. People will generally assume you're doing an "Asian people eat cats" bit. I can understand if you haven't heard it, a lot of these types of things pass people by. I didn't know that "boy" can be racist in the US, for instance. Don't worry too much about it, I'm sure no one holds it against you.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Cat-meat is eaten in various parts of the world, yes. But I don't think it's ever been as popular as dog. General Tso is chicken, though.

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Cat-meat is eaten in various parts of the world, yes. But I don't think it's ever been as popular as dog. General Tso is chicken, though.

A chicken? How dare you. General Tso spoke at my graduation, he is a national hero.
    tumblr_inline_mxf6sbvWIc1rjm3a5.png

Wait a minute...

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    SCENE: Three college students are picking through the remains of a takeout Chinese feast, with empty cartons, fortune cookie slips, etc scattered around the coffee table. The doorbell rings, and one of them gets up to answer it.

Standing on the doorstep is a giant of a man, dressed in elaborately gilded, tasseled and lacquered medieval Chinese armor. "I am the great and illustrious General Tso," he declares in a voice like distant thunder. "I have come... for my chicken."

The hapless bro at the door looks back over his shoulder, then offers a shrug and a weak, "We, uh, ate it all."

The General frowns, bushy brows drawing together. His hand goes to the hilt of the very large dao sheathed at his belt.

"Unfortunate."