As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Duskers] 43876 out of 43876 records corrupted. No uncorrupted records found. Board? Y/N

3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheeseRegistered User regular
It is the far, far future. Humanity has colonized not only the galaxy, but much of the known universe. Interstellar travel is commonplace and humanity enjoys prosperity like never before.

Or at least did. As far as you can tell, everyone else is gone.

Every ship, derelict; every station, uninhabited and left to spin in vacuum. Many are devoid of lifeforms. Some aren't. And it's up to you to figure out what the hell happened. Deploy salvage drones?

y6lMMY7.jpg

Duskers is a new game from Tim and Holly Keenan, who previous made a fun little game called A Virus Named TOM. In Duskers, you are the last remaining healthy human being (to the best of your knowledge), all alone aboard a salvage craft with your crew of loyal drones. You are tasked with exploring abandoned ships and stations using the drones in order to find information logs and piece together what has happened, as well as gather the fuel and parts that you will need to maintain your ship and your drones. Gameplay wise, it's pure survival horror all the way down. It is a game of strategy (to avoid enemies or trap them out of the way) and resource management (you will never have enough parts to repair everything that needs it). Each mission to a ship/station gives you the chance to find precious scrap, modules, and fuel, but carries with it the danger of your drones being damaged or disabled, and every jump costs fuel. If you gamble on finding fuel at your next stop and don't, you're out of luck.

There are two main control modes. In one, you control each drone individually and move them about the ship. Drones have a fairly small field of view and you can only control one at a time. You will spend most of your time in the second mode: the "Schematic" view. This gives you a top down map of the entire ship, where your drones are, and what resources/objects are in each room. You can control all your drones at once from this view by typing commands into a console interface, such as "navigate 1 3 r4" [send drone 1 and drone 3 to room 4]. Yes, really. This is also the view in which you can see pings on your motion detector. The aesthetic is pure Alien(s) retro-future chic horror, and it is extremely effective at creating immersion and tension. Take a look:

i7OCBmA.jpg

Drone Control view

9PXSPLq.png

Schematic view

YhkeXej.jpg

THEY'RE IN THE ROOM MAN, THEY'RE IN THE ROOM

Duskers is out now on Steam!

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I just picked this up and my initial impression is that this a really fantastic game. The presentation is minimalist but very evocative and the atmosphere is gripping.