As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hard to Get Animated Series

HallucinogenHallucinogen Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
Okay, I'm trying to find somewhere that has a particular anime series on DVD, or any format I can get for sale, but I'm not having any luck. It aired in Japan in 1992 roughly, and aired in Canada(afaik Only in Alberta, Ontario, and possibly Quebec), around 1994 with english dubbing.
The series was called The Bush Baby and was based on the book by William Stevenson, "BushBabies", published in 1965. The series was vaguely similar to TinTin, I suppose. There was also a non-animated movie made from the book in 1969. If you're in the U.S. you probably haven't heard of it unless you're an absolute Anime/Japanimation nut as it never aired south of the border, and even then info is scarce even on Anime fanatic sites. I'm not sure how popular it was but it also aired in France, Germany, and Italy.

Any help? Am I crazy?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hallucinogen on

• Options
    Run Run RunRun Run Run __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Afaik the show was only released on japanese VHS so far.

Here are 2 links that might be helpful tho.

List of Online Video Stores

Japanese Animation Information

Also the show was not just called 'The Bush Baby' but :

Buschbabies - Im Land der wilden Tiere (German)
    Bush Baby, Little Angel of the Great Plains
    Daisougen no Chiisana Tenshi Bush Baby (Japanese)
    Jackie dans la Savane (French)
    Le voci della savana (Italian)

Might ease the search, good luck.

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
  • Options
    HallucinogenHallucinogen Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Cool, thanks.

Hallucinogen on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]