As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Transferring from a 4-year college to a 2

JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
Sos. I am currently a second-year student currently at Drexel majoring in Communications, planning on transferring to the local Community College of Philadelphia for their Art and Design program.

I am doing this because I would like to get into the Graphic Design program at Drexel, but I am thinking about doing the Art program at CCP due to the fact that I have a terrible GPA (1.9) and also because I have only ever taken one art course in my life, in high school. CCP's program will apparently help me build a portfolio and get some more general art skills under my belt, but I have not yet spoken to any students or counselors or whomever about their program, or the quality of it.

So, a few questions -

Are there any special circumstances this creates that I should be aware of?

If I reapply to Drexel after I finish the Art and Design program at CCP, will I be applying as a brand-new applicant, or a readmission student, or other?

Is there anything else I should keep in mind? I'm just looking for some general advice at this point, as I don't have anything ironed down yet.

whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
Jinnigan on

• Options
    kupokupo regular
    edited November 2006
    Talk to an admissions counselor at the community college. I'm sure they can answer most of your questions.

Also, be sure to find out if the community college is accredited (meaning your credits will be worth something somewhere else in case you want to transfer again).

kupo on