Options

laptop graphics card question

Terror&HubrisTerror&Hubris Registered User regular
Hi, hopefully someone can help me.

I'm currently stuck on an old POS laptop (Gateway 450ROG I believe) with a mobility radeon 7500 running windows 2k. All drivers are up to date (as far as I can ascertain, finding ATI notebook drivers is a pain) but I still run into a really bizarre problem. Whenever I play a game, be it dwarf fortress or sim city 4, I have a serious display problem. First, little ripples or tears run across the display, distorting it a little, and within a minute or two the display just shuts down until I restart the computer. My first thought was that it was a heat issue, but dwarf fort isn't really a graphics hog...any thoughts? Any ultra-modern drivers for my card I've been unable to track down?

thanks!

This game can't make my TV bigger?
Sadly, no... But here's a list of what you will get out of Rock Band:

[too much to fit in a sig, thats what]
Terror&Hubris on

• Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    No, sounds like your display is horked or you graphics chip is overheating.

Mobility chipsets are the "little sisters" of the big PC chips. Most often they have extra functions stripped out, and most "ultra" unified drivers (Such as Nvidia's "Forcware") will not detect or install on the mobile series. (The mobility chips are considered "out of reference")

Sounds like you need to blow out the cooling fins on the inside or get yourself a new Lappy-tappy.

halkun on