As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

List of D&D Pins

RatakreschRatakresch Registered User new member
Hello everybody,
as a first time attendee at Pax West 2016, avid D&D player & AI Fan I've collected what pins I could get my hands on and tried to make a list of AI / D&D relevant pins, but I've seen at least two people at PAX West 2016 who had a red dragon head pin similar to Lymirth. I was told that they were from last years D&D event, but I couldn't find any dokumentation on it. Does anyone know what kind of pin it could be and if my pin list ist complete?

Acquisitions Inc. Logo (Acquisitions Inc. 2013 Set)
Jim Darkmagic (Acquisitions Inc. 2013 Set)
Binwin Bronzebottom (Acquisitions Inc. 2013 Set)
Omin Dran (Acquisitions Inc. 2013 Set)

D&D 40th Anniversary (PAX East 2014 - Acquisitions Inc. Panel)
Tiamat (PAX Prime 2014 - WotC Booth)
Bard Rock (PAX East 2014 - Scott Kurtz's Booth)

Rage of Demons (PAX Prime 2015 - WotC Booth)
Bin It 2 Win It (PAX Prime 2015 - Toonhound Booth)

Flaming d20 (PAX East 2016 - Thinkgeek Booth)
What Ho (PAX East 2016 - Kickstarter Room)
Lymirth (PAX West 2016 - D&D Area Annex Level 2)
Green Flame Fist (PAX West 2016 - D&D Area Annex Level 2)
Owl Bear (PAX West 2016 - Cards against Humanity)

• Options
    AmberxAltF4AmberxAltF4 Durham, NCRegistered User regular
    Deep Crow (Halloween 2014) is a D&D related pin. Tabletop Tycho (East 2013), Aus Tycho (Aus 2013), and Cthulhu Dice (Straub, Prime 2014) are also sorta tangentially D&D pins if you count "have dice" as D&D related.

Trade me pins: Lanyard!

XoFQ4b7.png
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Deep Crow (Halloween 2014) is a D&D related pin. Tabletop Tycho (East 2013), Aus Tycho (Aus 2013), and Cthulhu Dice (Straub, Prime 2014) are also sorta tangentially D&D pins if you count "have dice" as D&D related.

Wait. What? How is Deep Crow related to D&D?

• Options
    YoungFrey wrote: »

Wait. What? How is Deep Crow related to D&D?

Looking into it, it may only be Pathfinder, so more tangentially than I thought originally. But they definitely exist in in Pathfinder, with D20 stats.

XoFQ4b7.png
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Did that happen after the original comic?

• Options
    Yes - the comic was definitely first. PA is also cited in the adventure path, and i think there may have been a little blurb about the comic in there when the deep crow shows up too. :)

XoFQ4b7.png
  • Options
    Thanks for the great info. Does anyone ever see the red dragon head pin?

• Options
    theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    The only red head I can think of is Tiamat.

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • Options
    The ones I saw had a sleeker look than Lymirth, his neck at nearly 180° to it's head and his mouth closed. I'm not quite sure anymore if it wasn't the Smaug Pin of LotR, but I thought it hadn't had the spikes...

• Options
    adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    This sounds like one of the non-PA convention pins that Wizards of the Coast produced for D&D. I can't find a picture of it, though.

One of the guys from Baldman Games (who ran the D&D booth) was wearing the silver one and was trying to hunt down a copy of the red one all weekend.

ChMDm4Y.png
  • Options
    CutrissCutriss El Bastardo Registered User regular
    Just to amend, the 40th anniversary pin was also a handout for attending the 5E playtest in the tabletop area.

cMjZGw1.png