As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

80's sci-fi film... (solved)

tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
edited October 2016 in Help / Advice Forum
No, it's not Enemy Mine or The Last Starfighter... but it is around the same age as them. I remember seeing this movie at least once on TV, decades ago. I'm not sure if it was cable or broadcast. Pretty sure it wasn't a TV show.

Basically the premise of the film is that there are these special space fighters that require a navigator/control or whatever guy and then there's a pilot. I don't recall if they were fighting aliens or humans or it's a test program or whatever. But the key dynamic is that pilot / navigator control relationship. The navigator stays at the base while the pilot is in the ship.

For some reason, in this movie the pilots are all convicts, and the navigator control people are basically young (I have no idea how young). Trying to get them to work together is not going well. At some point in the film it is implied that one of the convicts does stuff to his navigator/control guy. Who later retaliates by killing him via making his ship go faster, causing him to crash. He dies too iirc? Then they all have to work together because base is attacked and going to be destroyed or something. I... think they succeed? I don't remember the ending.

What is this movie? I am fairly certain I did not imagine/dream this and consistently recall it for years. Help!

edit: It is Moon 44, and it seems it's from 1990?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
tastydonuts on

This discussion has been closed.