As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Disable Middle-Click=Open Link in IE7

DrFrylockDrFrylock Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'm probably one of the world's last and biggest fans of pan-scrolling (aka autoscrolling). This is the behavior that occurs in IE or Firefox when you middle click on part of a page and a little round scrolling icon shows up. As you move the mouse away from this icon, the page scrolls in the direction of your mouse cursor at a speed proportional to the distance between that icon and your cursor.

I am not a fan of tabbed browsing. I have one taskbar at the bottom of my screen, I don't need more hiding in various windows.

I just upgraded to IE7, and I disabled tabbed browsing. This works fine, except they still insist on making it so if I middle-click on a link, it will open the link in a new window.

I want the IE6 behavior, in which no matter where I click, I start pan-scrolling.

Searched around but all I can find are pages detailing how great tabs are. Any registry key/hidden option that will let me reclaim my middle click button?

DrFrylock on

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    On this same note, is there any way that lets me do the opposite, and disable the pan-scrolling function?

Thanatos on