As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How best to get PS4 game codes for friends abroad?

ThirithThirith Registered User regular
I'm hoping to give two UK-based friends of mine Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and Night in the Woods for Christmas. The problem is that the games are only available as digital downloads and I don't live in the UK myself.

Is there any way to buy codes to these games that I can then give to my friends and they redeem them on their PS4? At least it seems that Amazon.co.uk sells such codes for EGttR, though not to people outside the UK. Has anyone here already done anything along these lines?

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
"Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    If you make a delivery address using your friends uk address you can buy items on amazon uk.

I do this to buy US PSN/iTunes cards from Ireland, using my friends US address.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Thanks. They don't check where the credit card is from, in that case?

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    I’ve never had an issue and I leave the billing address the same.

• Options
    Brilliant, that's a great help. Well, it is with EGttR; it seems that Amazon.co.uk doesn't offer PS4 codes for Night in the Woods.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
  • Options
    There’s a way for them to make a NA ps4 account also and download the games to their UK account. Which helps with that issue too.

I also do that cause sometimes it’s cheaper than buying the game here.

They just have to make a NA PSN account, login to their PS4 and set it as their primary console. They can then send games to download from the NA sony website.