As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pa comic] Friday, June 20th, 2014 - Excitement Engines

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Sterica on

• Options
    AntonNULAntonNUL Registered User regular
    Who is the target demo? Kara? Brenna? That guy in the Pac-Man outfit?

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Love the preview image for this on the main page.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Me. I am the target demo.

Pria prism

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    AntonNUL wrote: »
    Who is the target demo? Kara? Brenna? That guy in the Pac-Man outfit?

Spidey?

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    This would have made a terrific Randy comic.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    it's pretty evident who the target demo is

214598052_sm4i3-L-2.jpg

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Someone mentioned the "G&T talk to each other during a strange situation" style comics a few days ago with Gabbie n' Tyche. This is one of my fav examples so far. :P

The best is still discussing Civ V victory conditions while in prison.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Someone mentioned the "G&T talk to each other during a strange situation" style comics a few days ago with Gabbie n' Tyche. This is one of my fav examples so far. :P

I think that was me.

The idea of having a feature on a otherwise-respectable consumer product called the "delighter" makes me giggle in much the same way I did when I found out that Rolls Royce cars have something called the "Spirt of Ecstasy Rotary Controller."

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh god I was right about lady fanservice week.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

i don't know, i think for it to be proper fan service they'd have to be wearing bicycle shorts.

• Options
    bencurthoysbencurthoys Registered User new member
    Time to dust off the old Kano model as start polishing the hygiene factors then, I guess.

• Options
    ShowsniShowsni Registered User regular
    A "delighter"? Why not just call it a "heavier"?

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Because then it wouldn't qualify for Amazon Prime shipping.

• Options
    metroidkillahmetroidkillah Local Bunman Free Country, USARegistered User regular
    So what I'm getting out of Tycho's most recent post is that Amazon has an incredibly convoluted reverse-psychology-style scheme in the works.

Sure, the "Delighter" itself delights not, but talking about how the Delighter delights not is, itself, delightful. But had the Delighter never existed (or had actually somehow been inherently delightful), endless hours would have never been filled with delightful dialogue about the the delightless Delighter.

In the end, it seems the Delighter has actually brought more delight into people's lives than anyone expected. Score one for Amazon. Again.

I'm not a nice guy, I just play one in real life.
  • Options
    hibryd7hibryd7 Registered User regular
    I'm glad Tycho spoke that final line. With the arrangement of that bike I feel that needs to be explicitly affirmed.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Is anybody else surprised Gabe is pedaling?

• Options
    kismesisterkismesister Mu Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

I don't know what I did to deserve so many comics in one week basically designed for me, but I'm so glad I did it.

• Options
    ReiskaReiska Registered User regular
    Sometimes he appears to be a target demo, especially in the strip where they hustle with a two-ended dildo.

• Options
    YaJulzYaJulz Registered User new member
    This is how I picture Winston and Julia ridin' around in the "Golden Country". The lighting particularly is quite close to what my mind pictured when reading the book.