As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Voice recognition software for financial data entry

EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
Work have asked me about the feasibility of using Dragon Naturally Speaking to do data entry work in our admin software (Synergetic). From what I've been able to pick up on the net it might work, but I'm dubious. Does anyone have any experience with using voice recognition software to enter data into numerous fields, and interact with dropdown menus etc?

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    It's probably possible. The amount of re-reading and checking to make sure the right fields have the right things will be significant, though.

For instance, Dragon works well enough with Excel with the help of some plugins, but you really have to police your language over time to make sure the right thing is being said (numerals instead of compound numbers, so no fifty three, just five three, etc.). Dragon generally gets better at detection over time, but English has a lot of variables and interchangeable language. So while it probably will work somewhat with Synergetic, it will take a while to get functional and even then you will want to check your work vigilantly.

Enc on