As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Problem with Agrees/Awesomes in profile page

silence1186silence1186 Character shields down!As a wingmanRegistered User regular
So I was checking my Agrees and Awesomes (because I have a huge ego, you see), and every post that was Agreed with or Awesomed before the Holiday Hangout 2018 is gone. My totals are still the same, I just can't see the posts anymore.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    same

i know it's normal not to be able to see the ones from inside the holiday forum but i don't recall all the history being inaccessible before

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure it's been this way since they started doing the holiday forum.
    IIRC, The problem is that any awesomes or agrees that you got from the holiday forum are now blocked from showing up on your agrees and awesomes page so you're left with an invisible gap there between this years awesomes and last years (assuming you were awesome or agreeable during the holiday forum times).

I seem to remember that you get a more than page full of reactions in the new year, you can manually adjust the URL to look at older pages to get around that hidden post gap and see your previously existing awesomes though.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's been this way since they started doing the holiday forum.
    IIRC, The problem is that any awesomes or agrees that you got from the holiday forum are now blocked from showing up on your agrees and awesomes page so you're left with an invisible gap there between this years awesomes and last years (assuming you were awesome or agreeable during the holiday forum times).

I seem to remember that you get a more than page full of reactions in the new year, you can manually adjust the URL to look at older pages to get around that hidden post gap and see your previously existing awesomes though.

All of this is exactly true. Once you get more than one page of agrees/awesomes, you can simply change the URL's p=X to something further back than you get a page for and it'll show up. There will of course be matching gaps for previous holiday forums.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    You can just manually add the 'Page=5&' into the URL even if you don't have a second page and get there.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    We are aware of this issue, and See has it correct. Considering the best way to implement a fix to the pagination is on the radar, but with any page that requires serving content based on permissions that can arbitrarily change, we have to consider performance when building the solution, which takes a bit more time to patch. The page will normalize as you get new reactions.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Iruka wrote: »
    We are aware of this issue, and See has it correct. Considering the best way to implement a fix to the pagination is on the radar, but with any page that requires serving content based on permissions that can arbitrarily change, we have to consider performance when building the solution, which takes a bit more time to patch. The page will normalize as you get new reactions.

Gotcha. Thanks for the response! Glad everything is working.