As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ultraportable with Optical Drive

GarickGarick Registered User regular
So, I've been looking all over for a super light and small laptop, (14 inch or under screen, and under 4 pounds the lighter the better) that includes a built in optical drive and for the life of me I can't find any.

The actual specs of the computer really don't matter as it will only be used for work: word processing and light internet information lookup.

As this is a gift, and they specifically refuse to use an external DVD drive, this makes it much harder. (God knows I could just pick up a cheapo one otherwise)

Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The mechanical parts of the optical drive make an ultraportable kinda difficult. They might have painted themselves in the corner on this one.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    if you can find an older HP EliteBook 2540p those were 3.97pounds and had an optical drive.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    GarickGarick Registered User regular
    Ooh, that's a decent idea if I can't find a new computer. Of course gifting used items isn't ideal but still, this is such a difficult item to find there may not be other options.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    yeah it's gonna be really hard to find a new one.