Options

I Overthink...

overthinking-101overthinking-101 Registered User new member
So... I like this guy. We are friends, and sometimes I think he likes me, but he’s somewhat shy and extremely difficult to read. Yesterday, I text him information on a friend hangout that’s coming up. He replied: “Alright, got it.” Idk.... I feel I’m overthinking, because it might be nothing, but what if he’s annoyed with me?

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    It’s fine. Men are often socialized to communicate like that. I’ve got a text string with my friend I’ve know for 30 years and the last 10 days there isn’t more than 2 word exchanges.

...and you definitely are not pregnant.

zepherin on
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Your not secretly my wife are you :D

She is the same she worries about these exact social situations, are they mad at me, annoyed, etc (they aren't, they never are she is a sweetheart and very thoughtful)

As long as these thoughts aren't intrusive or crippling your ability to make decisions they are pretty normal.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I am married. The first suggestion my phone gives when responding to my wife is "K xXx"

Short responses, especially responding to the receipt of information, don't really mean anything in my experience - they're the equivalent of "10-4" or "Roger and out"

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I am married. The first suggestion my phone gives when responding to my wife is "K xXx"

Short responses, especially responding to the receipt of information, don't really mean anything in my experience - they're the equivalent of "10-4" or "Roger and out"
    10-4 is one of the first suggestions my phone gives wen responding to my wife.

• Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    I wouldn't read to much into it.
    I just went through my correspondence with my wife for the last month's and it is a mixture of "ok" , a thumbs up emoji or a 2 word response.
    If he was annoyed he would not reply at all.

But take it with a grain of salt. Everybody has different preferences.
    I just don't like to text very much so I am brief. I rather talk in person or over the phone.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    My schedule is kind of variable at work, so i text my wife "omw" when i leave so she can figure out kids and dinner based on the timeline. If i type in o, it always suggests omw.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.