Options

PAX Vendors. Cash or card?

Aquaa Aquaa  Registered User regular
Will vendors exclusively accept cash? or will they accept card. This determines if I should withdraw cash previous to attending, so I don't have to go back and fourth.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    While I haven't been to PAX Aus specifically, my experience at all of the other ones is that there's a mix. I think more and more vendors at other paxen accept cards now, and unless Australia has unique laws regarding that, it probably holds true there as well.

Unless you are concerned for the safety of carrying cash, though, it probably wouldn't hurt to have some cash on hand just in case.

• Options
    Aquaa Aquaa  Registered User regular
    Alright! Thanks man.

• Options
    Dark KingDark King Registered User regular
    There are ATMs on site if you need to top up your cash supply.

• Options
    tomandjebinspacetomandjebinspace Registered User regular
    I would take more cash as the ATMs have been known to run out of money in previous years, and the Wi-Fi/4G has also been known to drop out due to the amount of vendors

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I've survived pretty well at the last few shows with just a card.

• Options
    QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yep most vendors probably prefer card I would say, as they don't have to worry as much about security for large amounts of cash.

steam_sig.png