As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Seven Minutes In Heaven

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited November 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Seven Minutes In Heaven

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    MaryAmeliaMaryAmelia Registered User regular
    At the risk of being banned from the internet, I will admit that when I watched that movie ~10 years ago, I kind of enjoyed it.

I know nothing about Ghost Rider though, that might have something to do with it.

• Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    Let me guess, Gabe died after that completely pointless moment where Sam Elliot rides with Johnny Blaze, only to just say "well, good luck killing the Antichrist, gtg" and riding off.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    KagatoACKagatoAC Registered User regular
    Before I was forever spoiled by the new set of Marvels / DC movies I remember thinking that the Ghost Rider movies weren't bad at all, lol

• Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    KagatoAC wrote: »
    Before I was forever spoiled by the new set of Marvels / DC movies I remember thinking that the Ghost Rider movies weren't bad at all, lol

I think history would be a bit kinder to it if it came out during the time between Batman Forever and the Marvel Revival where comic book movies were written off as cheesy schlock. If it were around the time of Mystery Men (which is a fun movie, but a very very cheesy one that wouldn't have gone down well post-Marvel Revival IMO) and The Phantom (a GREAT movie, but flopped at the box office) it might have done a bit better. After X-Men, Blade, Spider-Man and Thomas Jane-led Punisher, it didn't hold up.

OctoberRaven on
    Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Let me guess, Gabe died after that completely pointless moment where Sam Elliot rides with Johnny Blaze, only to just say "well, good luck killing the Antichrist, gtg" and riding off.

Except that's the best bit that I can recall

Mainly because of Sam Elliot and the score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsgEdYjoqUI

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    The visual of the ride was cool, yeah. But then it gets ruined by Sam's character just bailing. Why didn't he fight? It's not like he didn't want a piece of Blackhart himself.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Having not seen the Ghost Rider movie I won't speak to it, but Ghost Rider on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was good.

• Options
    Mr_MengMr_Meng Registered User regular
    I actually kind of liked the Ghost Rider movie(only saw the first one). It was a stupid fun movie that I got to see for free on Netflix so I didn't really have to invest anything in it. It's basically like Snakes on a Plane in that you knew what you were getting into so if your expectations were too high then it was kind of on you.