As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Start program on my PC from easy click on android

SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
Hi All, some friends of mine and I have started to play The Forest and setup a dedicated server on my computer.

We've done this before with some other games as all we're all Too Old with Kids and Jobs and etc etc sometimes the server is down and we want it up and people are busy... I've setup my phone so I can remote in to my desktop and start the server fairly easily, but I'd like to make it even easier.

I'd love for there to be an icon/widget/app on my phone that when I start, it immediately just runs the shortcut or exe on my computer and just gives me feedback on whether it was succesful or not. Just to really streamline that process, so if I'm at work or at the pub I don't have to remote in to my computer, deal with a computer interface from a phone... etc etc. I want minimal attention to start the program from anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this more efficiently that I'm doing now, where I can remote desktop control my PC from my phone?

• Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    This may be what you're looking for:
    https://xda-developers.com/control-your-pc-from-your-android-device-with-tasker-part-1/

Note I have not tried this my self as the normal Remote Desktop does it for me, also what ever you setup do remember to make it secure - if you open a barn door from the internet to your home network someone unwelcome might go through it.

Bones heal, glory is forever.
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    If you have a general idea of when people want to use the server, you can also use Task Scheduler to do it for you without having to remote in.