As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oops, I made a huge blunder - ran out of a particular medicine

DrezDrez Registered User regular
I won't bore you with all the factors on why or how this happened, but I messed up and ran out of a particular very important medicine. I don't have any refills left, my cardiologist's office is closed until Monday (as well as my primary doctor), and I basically need one of these pills by tomorrow morning. Any thoughts on what I can do?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    If it is critical to your life, like blood pressure medicine, talk to your pharmacist. They can usually authorize a several day prescription until the doctor's authorization comes through. Especially if you have a history of getting it filled with them.

If it's any kind of controlled substance it may be very difficult or impossible depending on where you live.

• Options
    Thanks, I called Aetna’s nurse network helpline and one of their RNs recommended Teladoc which is also in my plan and THEY were able to do a courtesy refill. All I have to worry about now is it CVS has this medicine in stock. Will find out at 9AM tomorrow but I’m much more at ease.

Can’t believe I got myself into this mess.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I'm glad that they were able to help you out!

• Options
    Thank you