As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Downcast

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Downcast!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Downcast

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Options
    LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    I started following a Christian content creator on Twitch recently, I guess this is the other face of the coin

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    No one likes grognards, even Satan, I guess

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    The punchline / 3rd panel isn't quite landing for me. Maybe it's my overall ignorance of Twitch chat. I understand that the joke is about how awful Twitch chat is, but I'm not understanding the specific context here or really even what is going on in the 3rd panel.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    The punchline / 3rd panel isn't quite landing for me. Maybe it's my overall ignorance of Twitch chat. I understand that the joke is about how awful Twitch chat is, but I'm not understanding the specific context here or really even what is going on in the 3rd panel.

The joke is that Satan (The Devil That Lives in Hell) is acting like just a regular streamer. But then some twitch user does the equivalent of "talking about politics in chat", and that is where it crosses the line.

Though of course, that person is the one who is reacting to the situation of Twitch Devil the way you would in a normal world. The humor is in the difference in expectations.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Its a joke that even Satan can't mod twitch chat. The lord of lies has limits.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    "Rules: No politics / religion talk"

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Its a joke that even Satan can't mod twitch chat. The lord of lies has limits.

Maybe. I'd say that's more the typical streamer thing where they get their appointed mods to do it, because they would have to tab out of the game, put down the controller, etc.

• Options
    DirtyshadoDirtyshado Registered User new member
    Its funny to me, cause Satan is already a vtuber called Ironmouse. (She roleplays as Satan - the demon queen)

She had a record breaking subathon on Twitch that lasted 31 days and is one of the highest rated vtubers on Twitch. 31k peak views, 724 hours streaming, 9 million hours watched.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    dennis wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »

The joke is that Satan (The Devil That Lives in Hell) is acting like just a regular streamer. But then some twitch user does the equivalent of "talking about politics in chat", and that is where it crosses the line.

Though of course, that person is the one who is reacting to the situation of Twitch Devil the way you would in a normal world. The humor is in the difference in expectations.

I thought the overall strip is a shot at the chaos going on with big streamers right now, and that by comparison Satan would have been mundane and fit in.

It’s a lot of terribleness and the app is basically imploding and as the Jerry post alludes, I don’t recommend anyone trying to look into it.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    I don't find a lot of the comics that funny, but this one was great. Nice work. And I'm amazed I'd never thought of that angle on hell before.

• Options
    jberryjberry longtime reader firsttime poster Fort Smith Ark USARegistered User regular
    actively engage a prime demo

wtf does it mean

• Options
    jberry wrote: »
    actively engage a prime demo

wtf does it mean

That's a typo. Missing an "n" at the end.

• Options
    LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    Prime demo(graphic) is the group of people most relevant to your business

• Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Dirtyshado wrote: »
    Its funny to me, cause Satan is already a vtuber called Ironmouse. (She roleplays as Satan - the demon queen)

Ah, a fellow scholar of the high arts.