As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Try Wikipedia

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Try Wikipedia!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Try Wikipedia

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Options
    OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    Paying someone does not always make one a Boss. Sometimes it makes one something worse: A customer.

• Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    The manager is only the boss until they're talking to the owner. Then, they're talking to their boss.

Angela owns the house. Any authority Tony has in the household is delegated. He's not Sauron, he's the Mouth of Sauron.

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Does Angela own the house though? Or is the house owned by the Bank and she's still paying it off?

I'd have to say then that the Bank is the boss.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Sorce wrote: »
    Does Angela own the house though? Or is the house owned by the Bank and she's still paying it off?

I'd have to say then that the Bank is the boss.

The owner gets the equity, and benefits from the increase in value of their property at time of sale. Angela owns the house. The bank just has a lien on the house, established in the mortgage agreement.

And even if she's renting, then unless Tony's name was added to the rental agreement and he's making payments, as well, which seems unlikely, then she can kick him out. Even to the extent that their agreement puts some limitations on her ability to do so at the drop of a hat, that's an acknowledgement that she is the employer, in other words, the boss. And has some obligations, notice and whatnot, to her employee.

ArmsForPeace84 on
  • Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Neither Angela or Tony are the boss, it's Who. Who is the boss.

I'll see myself out.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Mercade wrote: »

I'll see myself out.

Yeah but what is the name of the guy on second?

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Not having seen much of the show, I always thought the title was just meant to highlight the apparent absurdity of the crazy, out-there premise.

"Get a load of this. There's a guy, right? And a woman. And the guy...works *for*...the woman! Like there's a woman and a man, and the woman is the boss of the man!"
    "Whaaat? Like, who's the boss, right? Like, one of them pays the other wages to work for them, but also one of them is a man....I just can't wrap my head around this craaaazy situation!"

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    We've already been over this.

https://youtu.be/DYhaTPg8lOE

• Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Stephen Tobolowsky is a national treasure.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I hate to ruin the Who's the Bossing, but the site reminded me that 9 years ago today we had another talking-under-the-beautiful-but-transient-spring-blooms-reminding-one-of-the-eternal-now-and-simultaneously_the-relentless-march-of-time comic, Time.A classic I think back on almost any time an MMO is mentioned.
    y8o7bjf7t8py.png

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

I'll see myself out.

Yeah but what is the name of the guy on second?

He's in the second bedroom. She's in the attic room.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular

I'll see myself out.

Actually, the character's name is just The Doctor.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Its weird that people are upset there's another main character on the Mandalorian when the show opened with a hidden second main character that everyone absolutely loved the fuck out of.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    Grogu is the macguffin, it’s not the same

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    He's a second main character, he's got personality, he does things and has interactions. When he's not visible people ask where he is.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    We've already been over this.

https://youtu.be/DYhaTPg8lOE

I know that apparently they tried it, and concluded the ending was just too dark even for this show.

But goddamn do I wish they ended on just the gun.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular

I'll see myself out.

Actually, the character's name is just The Doctor.

Who is actually the Doctor's Monster

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Its weird that people are upset there's another main character on the Mandalorian when the show opened with a hidden second main character that everyone absolutely loved the fuck out of.

I guess the viewers have less confidence that the new character will be as lovable, or their antics will be as amusing, or that their character arc will be as genuinely moving as fan favorite…. IG-11.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    It's kind of funny to me that in the bottom of the post where Tycho explains his disdain for unfocused shows that try to be the springboard for various, different but connected IPs, he promotes the Kickstarter for Acq Inc. A Kickstarter which will be the sequel to like 3 different projects/shows at once? Featuring the addition of side characters if certain goals are met? My point being, people like crossovers when they're good and don't like them when they're bad. Trying to strictly say "it's bad when this happens" falls very badly on its face, especially when you promote literally that exact same thing in your complaint blog post.

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    I definitely understand being annoyed at all the cross promotion, but Bo Katan's story still feels very linked to Din's. Even if you don't go with the idea of this being the story of The Mandalorians, as a people. Din himself is in his element as lancer for Bo. It still feels very much like his story to me, just like how Mass Effect can be Commander Shepard's story as they go around the universe helping their friends accomplish things, or the Wizard of Oz is the story of Dorothy and the people she picks up along the way.

I'm just super digging Din and Bo as platonic buddies and I'm sold on their dynamic as of the last episode.

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    I haven't started watching this season yet (I just recently finished up Bad Batch season 2), but I always liked Bo whenever she showed up in Clone Wars and Rebels, so I can't imagine that I'll be annoyed by her presence in this show.

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    LtPowersLtPowers Registered User regular
    If I had a complaint about S3 of The Mandalorian, and I'm not sure I do, it'd be that it changed the tone of the series significantly from the Space Western that it was in the first two seasons.

I have no problem picking up what it's putting down here in S3, but it is kind of a different series than it was before and I understand why that would annoy some people.

Powers &8^]

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    I think they tried to prepare the audience by using "Books" but then they number the chapters from s1e1 so who knows.

Or it kind of still is a Western, but now they've made a name for themselves and so are the ones seeking wanderers to join their homestead.

But yeah it's been great wherever genre they want to call it.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    SirBillSirBill Denver, CORegistered User regular
    I don't know that I see it as a very different kind of show, because every season the show expands as to how much of the world is effected. Even in S2 Din and Gorge alone affected Gideon and an entire imperial remnant... and even then the question to bring Mandalorians together is brought up, and now in S3 we see that further expanded. To me it feels like a pretty natural evolution, and even with Bo-Katan being the one to rule Mandalore (or Mandalorians at least) the whole show is still mostly through the eyes of Din, or effects Din directly.

Also I really don't get any complaints about Bo having the Darksaber, because they showed us very clearly in that episode the spider droid taking the Darksaber from Din, and throwing it on the ground with his stuff - he was defeated, and that Spider droid owned everything Din had (including his precious bodily fluids) when Bo-Katan killed it. Even at the time I thought it was odd to see Din put it back on his belt because it wasn't really his at that point, but Bo-Katan didn't care about anything anymore so she didn't say anything.

I don't think they are trying to make fetch happen, they are just trying to bring characters that they knew people loved from Rebels and the Clone Wars into live action. That's good news because those characters have a rich backstory and were written well, so it promises good things to come. Even if you never watch Rebels or the Clone Wars you benefit greatly by how much backstory is in each of these characters which improves the writing of them going forward. I think Ahskoa is something even people who have never seen Rebels will really enjoy, because all of the characters, and the chemistry, is already known to work.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    It's kind of funny to me that in the bottom of the post where Tycho explains his disdain for unfocused shows that try to be the springboard for various, different but connected IPs, he promotes the Kickstarter for Acq Inc. A Kickstarter which will be the sequel to like 3 different projects/shows at once? Featuring the addition of side characters if certain goals are met? My point being, people like crossovers when they're good and don't like them when they're bad. Trying to strictly say "it's bad when this happens" falls very badly on its face, especially when you promote literally that exact same thing in your complaint blog post.

I get what you're saying, but RP is a bit different. A huge part of it is driven by what the players do. It's not exactly analogous to a scripted show.

• Options
    HighPriestofZuulHighPriestofZuul Registered User regular
    My parents had the same issue as Tycho when they were watching season 2. Too many characters from other series that just weren't introduced to the current series in a way that made new viewers care. This isn't usually going to be a big issue for people who have consumed all of the shared universe so far, but for the more casual consumer, the first episode a character like Kryze or Ahsoka features in needs to instill at least a fraction of that emotional attachment, and it just didn't do it for them. They're not continuing the series with season 3.

Frankly, as others have mentioned, it's why I don't really care about the Acquisitions now. I liked the early stuff with Kurtz and Wheaton, but have long since fallen off. Now I just don't care when they've gone through like 40 different cast rotations since then. When the Kickstarter says "we're going to need like another 200 grand to think about bringing maybe some of those people back, and we're not even going to commit on which ones yet", it doesn't really light a fire in me.