As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Industrial Annihilation] Build your RTS factory

see317see317 Registered User regular
Industrial Annihilation, from the makers of Planetary Annihilation, inspired by Supreme Commander, the spiritual successor to Total Annihilation...
At least I think that's correct. Who knows though...

Didn't see a general RTS thread with recent posts, which kind of makes sense with MOBAs and Tower Defenses kind of splitting the genre mechanics between them.

Anywho, I saw this pop up in my YouTube this morning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaX05r98emI
And it looked like an interesting idea. Throw factory building into an RTS and see how things go.

Should be fun for people who play their RTS with a focus on turtling and base building then A->moving a massive squad of dudes rather than carefully micro managing a half dozen units.

https://industrialannihilation.com/
Website says Steam early access is coming in Q2, 2024

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I do miss RTS...

I got really into They Are Billions a little while ago - and I liked the emphasis on single-player base building. Age of Darkness didn't quite take (why wouldn't I just play TAB) and neither did Frostpunk (I think I need an enemy to fight against - an actual one, not just, like, 'the weather' or whatever). I like building a big base, and then when I have a big base I can make a lot of dudes and go kill something and win.

I wonder if you have to micro-manage the guys at all? Maybe you just stockpile as many guys as you can and periodically they automatically go and fight.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I always liked how Warzone 2100 did their base building. You'd do a series of missions in the same location and your base would carry over from mission to mission with the map expanding each time. Eventually you'd move to a new location/biome and start over

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Carpy wrote: »
    I always liked how Warzone 2100 did their base building. You'd do a series of missions in the same location and your base would carry over from mission to mission with the map expanding each time. Eventually you'd move to a new location/biome and start over

My buddies and I played that game a TON back in the day, even on the PS1. Then several years ago I found out the fans got the developers to release the source code, and so it's still being worked on by the community. Not quickly, mind you, but they have been releasing fixes and very rarely new unit parts and stuff.

As for this game, it reminds me of a mix of Planetary Annihilation and Mindustry (though Mindustry is TD instead of RTS, but it's still what I thought of). Color me interested, I enjoyed TA, SupCom1&2, and PA so if those sort of RTS elements are still good then I guess I can try to figure out the factory stuff lol

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png