Options

Logitech Issues! (Vista)

TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
So, I figured since I got a fancy new computer, fancy keyboard and mouse should follow right?

I picked up a G15 and a MX Revolution mouse, and so far it has been... interesting. After installing them and the logitech software that came with it (I figured they must have made it not suck by now). I started playing TF2, that's when the problems started. First off, while turning or moving the mouse quickly it would randomly stop, then after switching weapons a few thousand times (I pushed that scroll key too fast and it rolled forever) I fired at a scout, after which I got my first blue screen of death. After this whenever I would start my machine normally I would get this BSoD no matter what. So I went into safe mode and obliterated any evidence of logitech ever being on my computer, including registry files.

Did I do something wrong or does Logitech software suck? Normally I wouldn't care and just ignore the drivers but I like the LCD on the keyboard to actually display stuff.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
TheLawinator on

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Logitech software generally does suck. There's this recurring problem, just one example, of the SetPoint mouse software not setting the scroll lines properly and just being a pain in the ass about it. It's an old-ass problem and to this date I don't think they've fixed it. I actually had to open the registry editor and deny my account write access to the keys so SetPoint can't fuck things up. It's stupid.

I normally would be a proponent of not using the software, but, as you've said, there's no point in using these otherwise neat hardware if they can't do stuff.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I want my g15 to tell me the time, not remind me that it's a g15

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    darkgruedarkgrue Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The software that ships with the G15 is likely quite old, though I can't recall having the same amount of trouble you're reporting with it. You really probably ought to just file the CD and download the lastest version of the software from Logitech.

My G15 works just fine under Vista, use it regularly with EQ2, Vent, and TeamSpeak.

darkgrue on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Whatever you may say about Vista, I just found that it automatically backs up all of my settings the way they were before any program is installed, also daily. This makes life good.

TheLawinator on