Options

Forgotten Password and Username on Router

AlpineAlpine Registered User regular
I'm trying to open the NAT settings on my router because currently my 360 downloads at a rate of about 100MB/day. However, when I go to 192.168.1.1 I am prompted for a username and password, which I have forgotten.

It's a WRT54G from Linksys. How do I hard-reset the router back to factory defaults?

Alpine on

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    With a paper clip push the reset button that is on the back of the router. Hold it down for while, like 30 seconds or something. You'll lose all your router settings as well.

You might try using a blank user name, and "admin" as the password first, i believe that is the default.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    With a paper clip push the reset button that is on the back of the router. Hold it down for while, like 30 seconds or something. You'll lose all your router settings as well.

You might try using a blank user name, and "admin" as the password first, i believe that is the default.

Some of the newer WRT routers also have the defaults embossed on the bottom, which is kind of nice.

Satan. on
  • Options
    EricKeiEricKei Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    On Linksys:

user Admin
    password (leave blank)

...As I recall. Been awhile since I had to do that.

BA has the resetting method correct.

EricKei on
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could hardly succeed." ~ Mark Twain
    Goozex referral pimp sig, click Spoiler to see it.
    EricKei.png
  • Options
    AlpineAlpine Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Worked out, thanks guys

Alpine on