Options

iMac, Wii, and wireless gaming (but with wires)

FrostozunaFrostozuna Registered User regular
OK so this is the situation: basically I'm trying to get full online functionality out of my Wii through my iMac. The iMac is connected to my wired router, but is broadcasting a wireless signal for the Wii through its internal Airport functionality, which it detects just fine (I do not own any sort of external Airport equipment, this is all coming from the iMac itself). The problem is that there are some port forwarding problems somewhere along the line, so even though the Wii can browse the web/buy VC games/use weather channel/etc., it CAN'T seem to host Smash Bros games or even play random games with others

Without further adieu, I give you the settings (in handy picture form, including some comments)

Internet Sharing settings (1, 2)
Ethernet settings
Airport settings (1, 2, 3)

The Wii detects the wireless network automatically as an access point, but probably needs to be manually configured as well. In my routers settings, I have the DMZ setting turned on but not sure if it's supposed to point toward the iMac .100 IP or the Airport .111 IP

Any thoughts?

Frostozuna on

• Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I didn't see an option for it in the screenshots, but does either the Internet Sharing settings or the Airport settings provide an option for you to disable the DHCP server? Not retrieve information from one, but hosting one.

Check your Wii to see what IP and subnet it is getting from your iMac.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    That seems weird that everything else works fine. Smash is kind of a bad game to test with since the servers are still getting pounded - do you have any other online Wii games to test with?

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    If everything else on the Wii works, I'd be willing to say it is just Brawl's shitty implementation.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg