Options

Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard | JUNE 17 |

JouleJoule Registered User regular
edited March 2008 in Games and Technology
ADVENTURERS WANTED; ATLUS ANNOUNCES DUNGEON RPG ETRIAN ODYSSEY II: HEROES OF LAGAARD FOR NINTENDO DS!
One of gaming’s truest RPG series returns in June.

IRVINE, CALIFORNIA — MARCH 27th, 2008 — Atlus U.S.A., Inc., preferred publisher of adventuring duo Fight and Heal, today announced Etrian Odyssey™II: Heroes of Lagaard for Nintendo DS™. Continuing one of the genre’s purest experiences, this sequel builds upon the original cult classic with more diverse areas to explore, new character classes, more fiendish FOEs, and an improved mapping system.

Etrian Odyssey II boasts an all-star development team, led by director Shigeo Komori (scenario designer - Etrian Odyssey, Odin Sphere). Composer Yuzo Koshiro (Actraiser, Streets of Rage, Etrian Odyssey) returns for Heroes of Lagaard, in addition to character designer Yuji Himukai and monster designer Shin Nagasawa, who both worked on the original Etrian Odyssey.

The odyssey resumes June 17th.

Visit the official Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard website: www.atlus.com/etrian2

About Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard
In the Grand Duchy of High Lagaard, it is said that the Duke is descended from inhabitants of a castle in the sky. When an unforeseen crisis befalls the nation, it is decreed that the first explorer to retrieve the Grail of Kings from that mythical floating palace will be rewarded with wealth and fame beyond imagining. Enter the central city of Lagaard and begin your journey to the clouds!

Key Features
• Make the adventure yours – Rediscover true role-playing as you build your party of stalwart adventurers from 12 different classes. From basics like name and sex to advanced settings like combat formation, skills, and spells, every detail is yours to customize!
• The Odyssey continues – Experience an all-new story, more classes, improved mapping capabilities, new Force Skills, and over 100 side-quests.
• Chart your progress through the dungeons – Etrian Odyssey’s innovative mapmaking tool returns with more options and features! Use the touch screen to map out the halls, chambers, treasures, and dangers of the realms you explore.

Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

###

About Atlus U.S.A., Inc.
Located in Irvine, California and founded in 1991, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. is renowned for its proud tradition of publishing exceptional role-playing games with strong niche appeal. The Atlus library of critically acclaimed video games includes Odin Sphere, Trauma Center series, and the award-winning Shin Megami Tensei series. For more information, visit http://www.atlus.com.

©2008 ATLUS Co., LTD., all rights reserved. Licensed to and published by Atlus U.S.A., Inc. Wii and Nintendo DS are trademarks of Nintendo.

The Royal Grail sounded better but eh. Well everybody you've got until then to finish EO.

As a side note it seems they'll be fixing all the skill bugs that were in the Japanese release.

Also the official site has a comics section. FUCK YES.
1koma_01.gif

Joule on

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Just got the email in my inbox. Excited. Spectral Forces looks pretty interesting, too. Trailer

Artereis on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Atlus U.S.A., Inc., preferred publisher of adventuring duo Fight and Heal,

ba-dum-PSSH!

I'm only on the 11th floor of EO1, so on one hand I'm totally not ready for a bigger, badder sequel ... but on the other if I don't get it at release I may never find it again.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    YES.

Can I say I called it? :P

And yeah, Royal Grail sounded better. Heroes of Lagaard sounds kind of overdone.

Maybe it's deliberate.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I loved Etrian Odyssey for about the first 20 floors, but by then I started to grow tired of it. Since Etrian Odyssey 2 looks to be more like an expansion pack to the first game than anything radically different, I'll probably pass.

Spectral Force 3 has me interested, but I have no idea if it'll be any good. Idea Factory doesn't exactly have the best reputation.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hmm, on B20F now, so I think I'll be ready once Etrian Odyssey 2 comes out. I wonder if that password feature is supposed to actually do anything...?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oh look, another summer ruined by this game. Oh well.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It's not mentioned in the press release, by the way, but for those of you who've played the Japanese version or followed the impressions thread, we're fixing the skill bugs. This is going to be Etrian Odyssey II as it was meant to be. A tip of the hat to firex and crew for all those detailed writeups, they helped a lot!

:o:o:o

I'm normally not a superhuge fan of Atlus's games, but of what I've played of EO1 it strikes the perfect balance between that certain Atlus charm and gameplay that I really enjoy. Glad to see it continues enough for a sequel.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Artereis wrote: »
    Just got the email in my inbox. Excited. Spectral Forces looks pretty interesting, too. Trailer

Oh, great. I've been propelled to voice-actor stardom.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I thought Royal Grail was a little silly, too similar to Monty Python. I'd like my adventures traveling the skies without cloppity coconuts.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I understand why this game works so well on the DS, but I really wish that they'd port Etrian Odyssey to the PSP...

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I've never played Eterian Odyssey, but the comic referencing a Monty Python skit is great. :^:
    I understand why this game works so well on the DS, but I really wish that they'd port Etrian Odyssey to the PSP...

I doubt they will port it ever. But hey! At least Atlus ported Riviera and Yggdra Union!

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Lunker wrote: »
    Atlus U.S.A., Inc., preferred publisher of adventuring duo Fight and Heal,

ba-dum-PSSH!

I'm only on the 11th floor of EO1, so on one hand I'm totally not ready for a bigger, badder sequel ... but on the other if I don't get it at release I may never find it again.

This. The DS -- or maybe it's only a few companies with which I only ever deal on the DS -- puts my buying strategies all out of sorts. EO1 has some life in it yet, but I know I'll want to play EO2 at some point. :(

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I've never played Eterian Odyssey, but the comic referencing a Monty Python skit is great. :^:

I doubt they will port it ever. But hey! At least Atlus ported Riviera and Yggdra Union!

Sting made those games though, not Atlus. The developers of EO are pretty dead set on the stylus interactivity, so I don't see it working as well on the PSP, but they do work with the system, so who knows, it could happen.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

I don't see how that would even work, the mapping is the whole point of the game.

Well, that and the rape.

But I am so psyched for this. I was about to import it because I didn't want to wait any longer.

elevature on
  • Options
    mogdemonmogdemon Kansas, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    FUCK YES!

Oh wait, now I actually have to finish EO1...
    FUCK YES!

mogdemon on
    apotheos wrote:
    You ever wonder exactly how many magic mushrooms the average japanese game studio design team consumes in a year?
    just got a 3ds! 3454-0598-2000
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    And I JUST started over on my EO game. DAMN YOU ATLUS!
    <3

Varega on
    League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    elevature wrote: »

I don't see how that would even work, the mapping is the whole point of the game.

Well, that and the rape.

But I am so psyched for this. I was about to import it because I didn't want to wait any longer.
    I got bored of the mapping quite quickly, I just found it a weirdly fun grind. I should finish it off in anticipation of the sequel.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule