Options

London videogame shops

Vangu VegroVangu Vegro Registered User regular
edited March 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
OK, so I'm going on a trip to London April 7th-11th to visit the Tutankhamun exhibition and the British Museum (yeah, I'm an ancient art and archaeology nut. Who says videogamers are stupid now?), and I'm wondering if any of you are familiar enough with London to point me in the direction of some good videogame shops (preferably in the vicinity of Bloomsbury) that still have older games in stock.

You see, I'm looking for Donkey Kong Jungle Beat in particular, and I figure I have a better chance at finding it in the British capital than I have over here in the Dutch countryside, where it's impossible to find anymore.

Thanks in advance. Oh, and if you happen to read this thread after April 6th, you're too late...

In my PC: Ryzom, Diablo III, Naruto Shippuden UNSR, The Old Republic
In my 3DS: Super Smash Bros, AC New Leaf
Last game completed: Steamworld Dig
Vangu Vegro on

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I, uh, think you're lost. H/A is the forum below this one.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    sharky tsharky t LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    there's a chain of shops called gamestation and they sell really old games, you can find those shops everywhere

sharky t on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    @ ASimPerson: I realized that immediately after I posted, and I reported it, asking for it to be moved. Didn't work yet, I guess.

@ sharky t: Hmm, gamestation eh? I'll look into that... [EDIT: Shame, their website says DKJB's out of stock...]

Vangu Vegro on
  • Options
    Red AlbatrossRed Albatross Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Try Games Focus on Goodge Street (map).

Or CEX on Rathbone Place (map). Who also appear to have it in stock (but it'll be second hand): http://www.cex.co.uk/product.php?sku=045496962784, the store is "Rathbone".

The nearest Gamestation is about a mile or two north of Bloomsbury in Camden Town anyway.

Red Albatross on
  • Options
    JeedanJeedan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Seconding Computer exchange, second hand but really good deals.

Jeedan on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Many thanks for the tips, Red and Jeedan!

I've marked them on my little map, and I'll go and check them out. Fingers crossed...

[Edit: I'm back now. Things were great, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to find a copy of Jungle Beat. Shame, since the rest of the trip was so great (except for the blisters...). Oh well...]

Vangu Vegro on