Options

Game Geeks

Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
edited April 2008 in Critical Failures
I figure I'd slam down a thread containing a link to a highly entertaining Youtube show

Game Geeks

basically Kurt Wiegel is an RPG aficionado like the rest of us, and I felt CF would enjoy his RPG reviews. (He's reviewed indie games as well as mainstream games)

Enjoy!

Super Namicchi on

• Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I've been following pugknowspro for months now, and Wiegel is really good at reviewing. He freely admits his biases, which is cool.

And he loves Fading Suns. <3

I seem to have an inability to call the show by its proper name.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    i'm glad SOMEONE finds game geeks a great show :D

yeah, Wiegel IS great at reviewing. a lot of people get at him for not doing a nuts & bolts review filled with a comprehensive breakdown of chapters and such, but I'm much more likely to get a game if I hear someone sharing their cool stories and impressions.

maybe that's just a function of Kurt's charisma. that, and Kurt talks a lot about smaller games and really shines light on the aspects of different games that work for him

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    dude thanks for the links

i want to check out traveller 20 now

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    i'm actually going to get my hands on savage worlds and deadlands reloaded based on what Kurt and a lot of people at RPGnet have been saying about 'em. that and western is one of my favorite movie genres.

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    totally thanks for the link.

and I know one of the guys that was on the rewrite team for Earthdawn.

Sorry, felt like dropping names, feeling important. By knowing, I mean worked with him for almsot 4 years.

lonelyahava on