As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Another shirt thread!

MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
edited April 2008 in Artist's Corner
I really hate this insecurity feeling you get when you're thrown into a field you've never done before. Shirts are just that field.

My church's youth group (kids 18-20 something) asked me to make a shirt for them. I've designed stuff for them before, in the same style of the raffle ticket attached in the spoiler below, so I wanted to go with that line to keep a consistant look for them.
taquillarifajovenesua9.gif

This is the shirt I made:

camisasociedadld5.gif

Though I'd like feed back on two particular subjects:

1 - How does it look. I mean, I've never done a shirt in my life, and I've looked at it for so long that I can't see anything anymore.

2 - Production-wise, how expensive would this kind of design be? I would like for it to run over the stiching on some parts. I'm guessing iron-transfer papers are out of the question with this. Are there some pitfalls I should watch out for if I go with this look?

Edit: I'm gonna remove the accent from the O, it looks like a comma on the text line above it.

MagicToaster on

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    I find that the loose fluidy of the type/logo don't mesh well with the surrounding design. Specifically, the crosses seem too hard in comparison. I would try to find a way to either dirty up the crosses a bit of find a different graphic for the crosses. Perhaps something a little more gothic looking to match the sort of style of the logo.

Grifter on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    I've always been told that running over the stitching can be tricky/superduper hard. In the case you have above, you only have just a little bit of the letter running over, so I would either go all out and have more run over, considering the trouble. Or adjust it, once more, considering the trouble.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I didn't want to make it too grundge, but I agree with you grifter, the crosses are too clean. As for the design running over the stiching, I'm gonna see how much it cost to make it that way and then I'll decide if I'll keep it or ditch it.

MagicToaster on