As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ipod Video (Need suggestions for dvd ripper)

Mr. White XDMr. White XD Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
Well, I finally broke down and bought one.

I have a slight problem though, I need to find a Windows compatible DVD ripper that is not a complete pain in the ass to use (And preferably free).

My dad uses Jack the ripper for his mac, but I don't believe there is a version for Windows.

Mr+white+Xd.gif
Mr. White XD on

• Options
    supabeastsupabeast Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    There is no Windows DVD ripping software that isn't a pain in the ass. You're basically stuck using one program to rip the disc—and you'll probably need different software for different discs—and then use either Super Video Converter or iTunes to get the video ready for your iPod.

But if you can run Handbrake on a Mac, DVD ripping is fast, easy, and with Core Duo, spits out H.264 video in realtime.

supabeast on
  • Options
    SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    check this thread out. Not sure if it's what you need, but might get you started.

Serpent on