As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Firefox

SnorkSnork wordJamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
edited December 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
This started happening yesterday. I'm using Firefox and it's working fine, but after like 10 minutes of it being open, the cursor just messes up and it sticks on something (usually the I-Beam for text) and I can't click anything (or use mouse gestures). The only things in the window that still work are the minimise, resize and close buttons. I exit fine without having to end task or anything, it's just annoying. Upgrading to a new version did not help. I just got Firefox 2 like ten minutes ago and it's still happening.

Snork on

• Options
    yotesyotes Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    As a first step, I'd suggest uninstalling and re-installing all your extensions and themes. Also, see if the same thing happens when you start Firefox with a new profile (Start/Run, (folder where firefox is installed):\firefox.exe -profilemanager).

yotes on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    supabeastsupabeast Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Try Yotes’ suggestions, but this may just be one of those funky bugs that only affects certain people (For example, the random inability to enter text into any box only affects some people, has been around since 1.0, and gets intermittently better or worse with each release). If you can't get this to stop happening, use the Firefox bugzilla system to see if there are existing bug posts for the problem, if not, create one and keep checking it.

supabeast on
  • Options
    ReitenReiten Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Try to start up Firefox in "safe mode" (not Windows safe mode, but the browser's safe mode--on your start menu in the Mozilla Firefox folder you'll see a shortcut to it). It should disable all your extensions, etc. See if that fixes the problem.

Did any extensions or themes update before the problem started? If so, that's probably the culprit.

Otherwise do a clean reinstall. See the Firefox support page for complete instructions.

If you want to backup anything, use Mozbackup (just don't backup extensions and themes).

Reiten on