Options

Your Benefits Supervisor Sleeping (Slightly NSFW)

TheMorningStarTheMorningStar Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Artist's Corner
So I read on CNN about a painting that is going on auction soon and it's suppose to break records for highest price a living artist has gotten for their work. I'm bored and decided to draw it.

Here's the original:
paintingdg6.th.jpg

And here's mine:
picturevo9.th.jpg

I thought it would be cool to see everyone else's quick take on this painting. Especially mspaint versions!

TheMorningStar on

• Options
    117Lei117Lei Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That's the fattest person I ever saw.

117Lei on
  • Options
    TheMorningStarTheMorningStar Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Looks like it did break the record. It went for 33 million. Here's the story:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/05/13/freud.art/index.html

I don't get what makes this painting so special...

TheMorningStar on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

I do wonder what drives the hype to the point of someone paying 33 million. It's a fine bit of art to be sure, but there are many fine pieces of art that I would enjoy just as much, some more, that you could buy for under $20,000.

Mustang on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    To the super-rich, 33 million is probably less money than $20,000 to you and me.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    To my very great surprise, the lady isn't American! Or if she is, she is at east able to sustain that mass in England.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

lamest thing I've heard about in art for a while.

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    why wouldn't this go for 33 mil?

It's a beautiful piece of art that makes you think...what more do you people want?

DeeLock on
  • Options
    GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    people who pay that much don't buy art because they like the art, they buy art to fund the industry and as an investment for the future. When Lucien Freud crokes, that peice will double in value at least.

Greatnation on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    DeeLock wrote: »

It's a beautiful piece of art that makes you think...what more do you people want?

I don't know about you, but i'd prefer to keep the 33 million and buy some other art, a really big 'fuck off' mansion, some cool auto's, a big arse TV and hookers, not your run of the mill crackwhore either, I'm talking about the whores that senators take on their yachts.....oh yeah and a really big yacht.

Mustang on
  • Options
    117Lei117Lei Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Mustang wrote: »

I don't know about you, but i'd prefer to keep the 33 million and buy some other art, a really big 'fuck off' mansion, some cool auto's, a big arse TV and hookers, not your run of the mill crackwhore either, I'm talking about the whores that senators take on their yachts.....oh yeah and a really big yacht.

QFT.

117Lei on
  • Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I wouldn't pay 33 million dollars for that piece because I don't want a picture of an obese woman eating crumbs off of her boob.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    To the super-rich, 33 million is probably less money than $20,000 to you and me.

No, that's not how rich people work.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

The artist is Sigmund Freud's grandson. I have a feeling that has a large bearing on the value of it.

Lly on
  • Options
    jibjibjibjib Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My Figure Anatomy professor from last year was obsessed with Lucian Freud. I don't see much of the appeal, but I have to admit that he has a very interesting style, and can really capture a personality. Like his early stuff much better though...

jibjib on