As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

pirate elephant

Lonesome_GeorgeLonesome_George Registered User new member
edited May 2008 in Artist's Corner
Gentlemen, I give you this

PILPIRAT_by_Gene_G.jpg

your comments?

Lonesome_George on

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well there are ladies here too, but I would imagine they'd forgive you for a PIRATE ELEPHANT! Very cool man, s'got a lot of character to it.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    chowder_monkeychowder_monkey Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The bird looks a little out of place seeing as it is in a different style and colored differently, but other than that, cool drawing.

chowder_monkey on
  • Options
    Castle_BuilderCastle_Builder regular
    edited May 2008
    unless its a cardboard bird meant to set unwary prey at easy and lure them into a false sense of security before ... GAR ... the pillaging and plundering be afoot!!!!!!!

Castle_Builder on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    His trunk seems a tad long

Alas, I only discovered this by searching for something wrong as per your request,

Otherwise
    ^5

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The tail looks a bit flimsy, and the tusk looks hollow. Funny idea though.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    BelieveBelieve Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You can see the rage and power in his surviving eye!!

BTW, I don't think the straps of the eyepatch should cling THAT closely to the skin, it makes it look too painted-on.

Believe on
  • Options
    ShiboeShiboe Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The tail looks a bit flimsy, and the tusk looks hollow. Funny idea though.

With a flimsy tail like that, how will he ever perform complex acrobatic tree maneuvers with other monkeys?!?

I like this btw, but you might want to consider adding a cannon to his back, to really utilize that hump. The bird should also have an eyepatch. And the bird should have a parot on his shoulder.

Shiboe on
  • Options
    MaximasXXZMaximasXXZ Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That's a pretty sweet pirate elephant if I evar saw one. However, I think you could make it better by using bigger brushes for the shading. Also, some line-weight variation wouldn't hurt.

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
    PSN: MaximasXXZ XBOX Live: SneakyMcSnipe
  • Options
    Creambun 007Creambun 007 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The bird looks a little out of place seeing as it is in a different style and colored differently, but other than that, cool drawing.

Don't listen to him; The bird MAKES this drawing. Mates, that be an ARGHLEPHANT!

Creambun 007 on
    Diggity.