As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Similar Games for Handhelds

bellmanbellman Registered User new member
edited May 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
There's a thread here for what games have a similar combat mechanic, and I do like the combat mechanic a lot, but in general I'm just loving everything about RSPOD. Can anyone suggest a similar game for the DS or PSP? I'd love to have something anywhere near this fun that I can carry in my pocket.

I know Tycho loved The World Ends With You, but my dark secret is that, although I've been playing them for over 25 years (old fart alert), I'm not very good at video games, and that one looks like a bitch if you're not an omnidextrous octopus. So maybe turn-based-plus IS what I'm looking for, but without the massive, mind-numbing seriousness of the FF series. Does anything like that exist?

bellman on

• Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Try either of the Mario RPG games for the GBA/DS. Personally I like Superstar Saga over Partners in Time but both feature turn based combat with timed button presses. Both also feature a lighthearted story.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    spenderzspenderz Registered User new member
    edited May 2008
    It's not really "turn based plus", but Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is completely awesome and in no way mind numbingly serious. The first encounter is a schoolyard snowball fight and is filled to overflowing with win.

But you should definitely check out the Mario RPGs like the guy above me said, they are pretty funny and beyond fun to play.

spenderz on
  • Options
    bellmanbellman Registered User new member
    edited May 2008
    Thanks guys. I'll check them out.

bellman on