Options

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows

freshmasterfreshfreshmasterfresh Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Games and Technology
Hey, wasn't it supposed to come out at the end of December? What gives?

Who else is looking forward to this thing. I plan on buying one, but I won't be surprised if it turns out requiring some ridiculous persistent service or background process I end up hating it for.

happysig.png
freshmasterfresh on

• Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Me! I had a wired 360 controller on my amazon wishlist, but they sent me a wireless one instead.

But yeah, no sign of it coming to the UK either. But I honestly didn't really expect it till the Vista Launch.

Rook on
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I feel that this is one of the best ideas ever. What is up with Microsoft lately? They be all awesome and shit.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    crash5scrash5s Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I feel that this is one of the best ideas ever. What is up with Microsoft lately? They be all awesome and shit.

Their "Games for Windows" campaign.

They aren't screwing around anymore. You can think of the xbox as testing the waters. Their plans for vista + 360 are extremely ambitious and they are coming out guns blazing.

You're going to see a ton of vista games marked with "Games for Windows" which support the 360's controler, xbox live, zune, and all sorts of other junk.

It's rather ambitious but they are trying to take on ipod, playstation, and launch a new OS all at once. It should be interesting to see how it all works out.

I'm not a fan of MS for various reasons but they certainly have the resources to do something amazing provided they don't fuck around.

crash5s on
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah I've pretty much maintained a throbbing erection since the announcement of Live Anywhere.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Kemal86Kemal86 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Really looking forward to this thing too - The official Xbox page says February now, I believe.

Kemal86 on
    i used to test games now i sit on my couch and am lazy all day
    PKMN White FC: 0046 2138 1298
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Add me to the waiting list. Ever since I heard a rumor about it and saw the price I have been waiting. I desperately need a new pc gamepad but refuse to buy one when the best gamepad I have ever owned will soon be usable on the PC. I LOVE my 360 controller.

I hope the drivers are good, I hope it does not REQUIRE Vista, as I hope to wait at least 6 months for bug catching before moving to Vista.

Smudge on
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah I've pretty much maintained a throbbing erection since the announcement of Live Anywhere.

As have I, and I wish it would come out sooner rather than later. My Blackjack NEEDS a Live Anywhere app dammit!

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    Locust76Locust76 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007

I was wondering when some suit somewhere was going to suddenly realize the fact that game controllers for the PC suck balls and that the systems in place for console controllers are virtually identical to USB and can be adapted easily for a few extra bucks.

If there were more console-style games for the PC, I'd definitely get one of these and the accompanying gamepad.

Locust76 on