As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

3 Day PAX Next Year?!

coolpcoolp Registered User regular
edited September 2004 in PAX Archive
Was reading all the pictures and such that were posted a week back, and one of them said

"Tycho and I tried to be available for autographs and sketches but I know we missed
a lot of people. Next year you can count on autograph sessions all three days. We
want to make sure everyone who wants to see us can next year."

Notice the three? w00t!

http://www.penny-arcade.com/docs/FrameSet.htm

sig.php?tag=coolp1
coolp on

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    I'd hope so, but I wouldn't take that as an official statement or something. I'm sure the setup on Friday made it seem like it was the first day of three of the convention.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    coolpcoolp Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    True, could be. Damn I'd need a lot of Bawls to make it through 3 days w/o sleeping :shock:

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited September 2004
    word on the street is a 3 day event but losing the 24 hr. format...

at least that's what i hear.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004

Aw...That wouldn't be great.

Hmm. Fine. 8am to midnight? :)

Legacy on
  • Options
    Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2004

Aw man... the 24 hour format fucking rocked!

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Well, think about it. If it were 3 days but not 24 hours, that gives us time to go out and party on our own without worrying about missing any important events.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Moriveth wrote:
    Well, think about it. If it were 3 days but not 24 hours, that gives us time to go out and party on our own without worrying about missing any important events.

Yes, but it also takes away the opportunity to dunkenly stumble back into the con and play some drunken games.

Legacy on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    Moriveth wrote:

Yes, but it also takes away the opportunity to dunkenly stumble back into the con and play some drunken games.

True. Very true.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    Moriveth wrote:

And that also means no more 3am games of Munchkin.

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    SquallSeeD31SquallSeeD31 Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Please don't burn me with technicalities, but in my mind there is really no such thing as a convention without a 24-hour format. The convention's organizers may shut down the exhibit room around 5, and the function space around midnight, but the bulk of any convention is its attendees.
    I fully support PAX moving to a non-24-hour format to alleviate the stress on staff and to facilitate the offerings of the community. With other conventions, the people hold wild parties in the hotel and it is considered "part of the convention" to cruise for room parties if you're not asleep at 2 AM.
    There were a number of room parties this year that I saw, and all of them seemed really good, but it would be great to know ahead of time that there aren't any tournaments/events we would miss, so we could plan to organize/attend room parties.
    Don't tell me there won't be free play or pickup games of Munchkin, I'm sure we're all capable and resourceful geeks, able to hook up our systems in our hotel rooms and bring our cards out of storage. Side-note to the hotel TVs, DoubleTree properties all implement a TV lock on the back that they don't want you to remove, so consider bringing your own TV or a projector.

SquallSeeD31 on
    FFXIV: Alchemy Stuff Character:
    8229_48d6215903dff562.png
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited September 2004
    SquallSeeD31 is right- PAX needed more afterhours parties... and there were no afterhours at PAX 04.

And I need to sleep dammit.

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2004

-robert
    PFFFFT Who needs sleep when theres unlimited bawls? :twisted:
    You just didnt drink enough :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    FrowbakkFrowbakk Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    BigRed wrote:

-robert
    PFFFFT Who needs sleep when theres unlimited bawls? :twisted:
    You just didnt drink enough :P

Sleep is for the WEAK!

At least that's what I was said as I passed out chocolate coated espresso beans early Sunday.

Frowbakk on
    Your sig was too tall.
  • Options
    AfflictionAffliction Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I can't fucking believe the amount of shit we missed because of Stefan's shitty grocery-store Saturday-night work hours. I'm gonna violently beat him next time I see him.

Affliction on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    SquallSeeD31 is right- PAX needed more afterhours parties... and there were no afterhours at PAX 04.

I guess so...but don't make closing time be 8pm or something...that would just suck.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Legacy wrote:

I guess so...but don't make closing time be 8pm or something...that would just suck.
    Midnight.

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited September 2004

-robert

sleep? what is this "sleep" you speak of?
    Frowbakk wrote:
    Sleep is for the WEAK!

At least that's what I was said as I passed out chocolate coated espresso beans early Sunday.

You were the guy with the Espresso Beans? I'm not sure if I said so at the time but thanks for those. I was so damn tired by sunday morning.

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    locomotivemanlocomotiveman Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Is PAX 05 the same weekend as this year or is there a different date being considered? I assume that its the same location...

locomotiveman on
    aquabat wrote:
    I actually worked at work on Saturday. Also I went out on a date with a real life girl.

Can you like, permanently break the forums?