As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DnD4E Looking or a new players game

SunstrandSunstrand Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Critical Failures
I've been listening to the PA DnD podcast and have been loving it and it has really gotten me interested in getting into a game, the only problem is I've never played an actual DnD game before. Sure I've played the Bioware games, but from listening to the podcast I have come to the realization that the computer games are almost a hack and slash game instead of the roleplaying game they claim to be.

What I would like to do is get a new players game together, for the people like me who want to get involved but the first step is quite intimidating to say the least. I don't really want to get involved in a game and be way over my head and not have any fun, and I also don't want to suck the fun out of an existing group by constantly asking silly questions.

So I guess the question is, are there people like me around here who want to take that first step into this seemingly awesome world? And secondly is there anyone who would be willing to DM a group of new players to help us get started in our first of many quests?

BorderlandsClaptraps.jpg
Sunstrand on

• Options
    ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm in a very similar predicament. I've found a friend, maybe two, that are like-minded (i.e. interested but never played before), though I'm not sure of schedules or any of that. Oh, and I have the core rulebooks, and have read them (well, not every monster, every power yet, but I'm getting there). Anyway, I'm interested, for what it's worth.

Themindtaker on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    DnD 4e should be really easy to pick up. You should follow the guidelines and see if you can join one of the two advertised games that are looking for players.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    there'll be more games opening up. once i see how smoothly things go in the game I'm DMing I might try taking on another

Goose! on