As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Jerky/jumpy mouse pointer

ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
I've already restarted my laptop and searched online about this numerous times but I can't seem to find a solution for this.

Basically my moise pointer is, for lack of a better description, "jerky". It's always jumping but on the same spot though, always up and down which is really making me dizzy. Is there a known solution for this? o_O

This started happening to me after I installed the Vista SP1, although this has already happened to me on a rare occasions

Impersonator on

• Options
    edited June 2008
    Well, just great, I've reinstalled the drivers for both my laptop's touchpad and my microsoft mouse and still no dice :?

I've even started the computer without the mouse plugged in but the problem still didn't go away, I really don't know what to do :(

Impersonator on
  • Options
    .kbf?.kbf? Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It's probably a hardware issue with the touchpad. If your lucky you may be able to get a new/semi-used one on ebay(don't do this unless you've taken laptops apart before and know what you're doing!).

Your best bet would with tech support.

.kbf? on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    What? Are you saying my only solution is to buy a new touchpad? :?

There must be some sort of solution to this..

Impersonator on
  • Options
    ArcticMonkeyArcticMonkey Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hold the windows button and press pause. Press Hardware managment (I think it's called that, not on english pc now). Go to mouse/pointing devices and disable the touchpad.

ArcticMonkey on
    "You read it! You can't unread it!"
    venstre.giflobotDanceMiddle.gifhoyre.gif