Options

Recommend some...

CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract MetalThingyRegistered User regular
edited July 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
...places to buy furniture online or in B&M stores. I am out of college and I have a good job so I don't have to buy the cheapest crap ever but conversely I don't want to spend absurd amounts of money.

I'm looking for a dresser and I've checked out Ikea's site and some local stores. I have also been considering getting a king sized bed and maybe a bed frame. If it helps recommending B&M stores I live in Colorado.

No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
CommunistCow on

• Options
    LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    If you make good money then I suggest staying away from Ikea. You can do what I did, drive around and check the local paper for furniture sales. If you have a girlfriend I suggest bringing her along as women's taste goes a long way in making a decision.

LondonBridge on
  • Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My mother's a big fan of Macy's Furniture. I've looked and it seems alright, if a little pricier than I'd prefer.

Cauld on
  • Options
    supabeastsupabeast Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Take your time and get stuff from people who are moving and want to dump nice stuff on Craiglist for free or cheap. I once gave away a pile of TVs and electronics and thousands of dollars of solid wood furniture just because dealing with it all and moving was a fucking headache.

supabeast on
  • Options
    Durandal InfinityDurandal Infinity Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    yeah craigslist it dept. store or. OR I am actually a fan of Ikea, its easy to put together and they do have more premium looking and feeling stuff for not so expensive prices. If it is a living room couch I would not ikea it, but if it is a bedroom dresser, why spend a shit load of money

Durandal Infinity on
  • Options
    Monolithic_DomeMonolithic_Dome Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If you've got some sort of unclaimed freight store in your area, those are usually a good way to get expensive furniture for less expensive. Me I actually like ikea's aesthetics so I tend to shop from the swedes.

Monolithic_Dome on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    supabeast wrote: »
    Take your time and get stuff from people who are moving and want to dump nice stuff on Craiglist for free or cheap. I once gave away a pile of TVs and electronics and thousands of dollars of solid wood furniture just because dealing with it all and moving was a fucking headache.

It seems like to find anything good on craig's list I would have to stare at it all day at work.

Monolithic_Dome: Sadly google does not seem to find any unclaimed freight stores in the denver area.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    supabeastsupabeast Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It seems like to find anything good on craig's list I would have to stare at it all day at work.

That’s what jobs are for!

supabeast on
  • Options
    witch_iewitch_ie Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I would also recommend JC Penny's. They have some good furniture and are less expensive than Macy's.

witch_ie on
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Overstock.com - Great selection and reasonable prices. Also: Cheap, flat rate shipping - All items cost $2.95 (or is it $3.95? I can't remember, and today is a free shipping day) to ship. That includes furniture. I picked this up the other day, and got it within two days. Cost me $3 to ship it, and it weighs quite a bit.

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?