Options

Standardising on a single printer type (recommend laser printers)

GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
At work we're getting hit more and more by things like toner cartridge prices, especially since we've got a metric ton of different types. (and prices have just been raised by 18%)

So, what i'm planning to do is buy two types of printers and standardise them throughout the company. What i'm after fellow arcadians is the best price to print of a printer. In other words, which ever has the best price ratio to number of pages a toner can print out wins.

The price of the printer itself isn't that important, yes it is to be taken into consideration but the last thing I want to be hit by is getting a cheap printer that has toner cartridges that don't last long.

Essentially the two types of printers wanted are a small desktop laser and a midrange laser printer. At the moment the midrange laser i'm definitely veering to whatever is the current equivalent of the HP Laserjet 2300 as that sucker lasts ages on a toner.

I don't intend to replace any of the big printers.

The current printer types:

Small desktop:

HP Deskjet D2360, Samsung 2510 (laser), Brother 1430 (laser), Epson LQ-870 (dot matrix, yes..)

Mid-range:

HP Laserjet 2300N (laser), HP Laserjet 2600N (laser, colour), Brother HL-5150D (laser)

Big:

OKI C8600 (A3 Colour laser), Canon GP405 (laser, A3, A4), Epson Stylus Pro 7800 & 9800 (large format printers, used for proofing)

The reason for this is obviously I can then purchase a single toner cartridge type in bulk for example thereby saving money.

Recommend away people!

PSN | Steam
---
I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
GrimReaper on

• Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ok, I'm not familiar with any of those printers specifically, but how many prints a month do you do?

I work in a print shop, so admitedly this might be overkill for you if you dont do a whole lot of printing, but we lease a few Ricoh machines and an Oce/Colour Konica machine. In the lease agreement they provide the machine, all the toner we need, and all the maintenance, so bassically we just pay for the paper. We do about 250,000 - 500,000 prints a month though on the Ricoh, but I'm sure they have lower volume printers available too. For reference, we pay about 1.5cents canadian per copy/print we do, not including paper.

The Newer Equivalent of the Machine we use

Ricoh's UK Site

EDIT: Ooops, sorry, missed the "I dont intend to replace any of the big printers" part.

Although, I dont know why you'd be using the small printers if you had the big ones because small printers are generally more expensive on a per page basis, from what I understand.

Wezoin on