Options

Looking for a solution to a PDF problem.

SAW776SAW776 Registered User regular
Hey, so, I've got a question.

I work in a small office where lots of paperwork is scanned into pdf format for filing purposes, however, the method by which it's done is rather tedious and inefficient--we have to organize the papers first, which can take hours, and then they get scanned in batches of 50, all into a single pdf per batch, because scanning and creating and naming an individual pdf for each job would probably be worse than what we're currently doing.

My question is, is there a Windows program that can go through pdfs and rename them based on keywords/wildcards?

For instance, all of the papers that are scanned have the line "Field Sheet #blahdigityblahblah", is there a program that could go through a batch of pdfs, finding the "Field Sheet #" part, and renaming the pdf as the number that follows it?

I assume there has got to be something of the sort, but most of the batch renaming programs I find via google aren't very specific on their features/capabilities, so I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks in advance for any leads or revelations!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PSN: SAW776
SAW776 on

• Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Are you running OCR software on the PDFs? If converting the PDFs into text documents is already part of your process, it would be trivial to write a script that uses regular expressions to do this.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Errr, find the original printer of the paperwork and give them a pdf printer? This does not sound like paperwork with signatures attached.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png