As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trillian / AIM issues

Pham NuwenPham Nuwen Registered User regular
I just downloaded Pidgin for the first time, and I really like it (goes without saying), so I was going to switch away from it from Trillian Pro. I'm going through setting up my accounts, but when it comes to the AIM one, I can't remember the password. I can still log into the account through Trillian because of auto-connect, but I can't get into it any other way. I also don't remember what email address I used to register it, so the normal recovery process is out.

I need either some way to convert the asteriscks to the password (I have access to that screen in Trillian), or a purpose built application that can recover the password from Trillian's settings itself.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Pham Nuwen on

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    "I also don't remember what email address I used to register it, so the normal recovery process is out."

So, most likely not :P

Pham Nuwen on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ya, you're screwed.

you can't convert the asterisks back to letters, because, well, that would make pretty much every password system made in computers in the past 15 years useless.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    What about a purpose-built application that can extract it out of Trillian? I know they have those for zip files and just about everything else I could think of. Some hacker somewhere surely has built one of these.

Pham Nuwen on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Done and done. Thanks a lot, bowen!

Pham Nuwen on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I take it it worked? Congrats.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me