Options

Technical question regarding table pcs with active digitizers

TheMorningStarTheMorningStar Registered User regular
Ok, so I got a tablet pc, a Toshiba M200, on the cheap a few weeks ago. It's refurbished and the lcd mask was put back together in a pretty crappy way so last night I took it off to try and fix it. The main problem was there was this thin black tape stuff around the border that blocked some of the screen around the top and bottom.

So I got in there and scrapped that shit off so I can view all of the screen and I found what appears to be some clear film on the inside of the mask that covers the the whole viewable area. It looks similar to a ds screen protector.

This stuff partly dims the screen and so I was thinking about removing it but Im not sure if it is important to the function of the active digitizer, and since I lost my pen mysteriously about a week ago I cant test it on the small area it doesn't cover.

I tried googling to find how active digitizers work but I cant find shit. So, does anyone know here? Is it important to the use of the active digitizers?

TheMorningStar on

• Options
    Pat McRotchPat McRotch Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    As complicated as the tablets are, I would not remove it. Depending on the type of digitizer on the notebook it could have something to do with the conductivity. I think that is a word.

Pat McRotch on
    xPat+McR0tch.png
    patmcrotch.png