As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

P/A Forums RSS Feed

ffordefforde Registered User regular
Was wondering if an RSS feed for the P/A Forums (listing new forum posts) exists. I've searched all over and asked in H/A and no one knew of anything. I also did a forum search and nothing came up. I am guessing the answer is no, but I thought I'd ask anyway, just to make sure. And if no such feed exists, I'd like to formally suggest one. :P Or many (maybe one for each forum?)

fforde on

• Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    During active hours each of the densely populated forums (G&T, D&D, SE++ especially) gets posts at least once a minute. This kind of RSS feed would just be stupid, and that's the main reason it doesn't exist.

Captain K on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I don't understand what the purpose of an RSS feed would be. Topics turn red when there are new posts in them, and there's a little icon that lets you jump to the first unread post. What would the feed give you that that doesn't?

Smasher on
  • Options
    ffordefforde Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Captain K wrote:
    During active hours each of the densely populated forums (G&T, D&D, SE++ especially) gets posts at least once a minute. This kind of RSS feed would just be stupid, and that's the main reason it doesn't exist.

That's a good point, I can understand that. I mostly post in H/A where the rate of new postings is much lower.

fforde on
  • Options
    typhoontyphoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2021

typhoon on