As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Selling Magazines

MertzyMertzy Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So I have a ton of magazines from my youth- at least a few years back-issues of:

Nintendo Power
Playstation Magazine
EGM
Newtype Magazine

I'm wondering if it's even worth it to try and sell them with inventory, finding buyers, and shipping. I have half a mind to just throw them all away, but can't help but think there are hungry fanboys out there somewhere.

THE END.
Mertzy on

• Options
    1ddqd1ddqd Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I would separate them into years and post them on ebay. Maybe a pic of them spread out in order, year-by-year. Offer as a complete deal, no "I only want 1"'s

1ddqd on
  • Options
    RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Check Ebay and see if there are similar items for sale. Usually, if you bundle them by year the shipping won't be too bad and people will be willing to buy them.

On the other hand, you may be able to pull out certain issues that hold specific sentimental value for some people (i.e. the Nintendo Power for Legend of Zelda that has all the maps), and if those are in good condition people will probably bite.

One thing I've found with Ebay, there's at least one person looking for everything. If the price is right you can sell pretty much anything.

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • Options
    MertzyMertzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Most of them have an address label either stuck on or printed on. I'm wondering if this will influence buyers much.

Mertzy on
    THE END.
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I looked into it, and decided that for the really small amount of money I'd get for them, it really wasn't worth it. So, I just sent it to people for the cost of shipping.

I had the first, like, ten years of Nintendo Power.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I don't know what i'm going to do with my magazines once i need to clear them out. I have every single issue of Hyper magazine from the last 8 years, about 80 issues of NMS (Nintendo Magazine System Australia) dating back to 1992. I doubt people will pay much, even those who desperately want them. But yeah, i understand its hard to throw them out.

winter_combat_knight on