As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Softwear: Adobe Reader Error, Insufficent Data for Image?

TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So I am starting University in 4 days, and just received my first lecutre has been canceled due to my Australian Prof being away. He sent us an email with the details that would have been covered on the first day, but when I try to open it with Adobe, (it is a pdf obviously) I get the error "insufficient data for image". The PDF is completely jumbled, I can not make out entire pages, while other pages are visible. I am using Adobe Reader 9.0 and did the "check for online updates" the second I got the error, installing the update did not help.

I don't want to message him back asking him whats up, because I have never met Dr. Grove, and welp I am kinda maybe scared a little bit of bugging a prof when the school year has not started yet.

TheCrumblyCracker on

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So I am starting University in 4 days, and just received my first lecutre has been canceled due to my Australian Prof being away. He sent us an email with the details that would have been covered on the first day, but when I try to open it with Adobe, (it is a pdf obviously) I get the error "insufficient data for image". The PDF is completely jumbled, I can not make out entire pages, while other pages are visible. I am using Adobe Reader 9.0 and did the "check for online updates" the second I got the error, installing the update did not help.

I don't want to message him back asking him whats up, because I have never met Dr. Grove, and welp I am kinda maybe scared a little bit of bugging a prof when the school year has not started yet.

Do other PDFs work correctly? If so I'd go ahead and message him telling him what's up. If it's not a problem on your end everyone else will be having the same problem and he needs to know that. He's not going to get mad about it or anything, and it'll demonstrate that you actually tried to read it.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    All other PDF's work correctly, and he just sent a new email telling everyone that it is fine, so I guess I was not the only one that complained.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    have you tried other pdf reading software?

If not give foxit a try: Clicky

personally I prefer it 1000% more than adobe's actual reader, it just runs faster and isn't a giant bloated monster.

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Foomy wrote: »
    have you tried other pdf reading software?

If not give foxit a try: Clicky

personally I prefer it 1000% more than adobe's actual reader, it just runs faster and isn't a giant bloated monster.

Wow this is awesome, it installed in about 3 seconds, opens in 5 seconds. Makes it work! Thanks :)

TheCrumblyCracker on