As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Big Bad D&D Epic Spell Thread

Legoman05Legoman05 Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Critical Failures
In our current PnP, we're about to make the jump to epic, and the possibility of throwing about [1337 Pwnage] is downright tantalizing.

So anyway, I came up with this: I need more input, though, and any other nasty/cool ideas of what to do with this system.

Negative Energy Rift, Spellcraft DC 64 (Attainable with Epic Skill Focus (+10), 24 ranks, taking 10, and a +20 Custom item)
Seed: Slay [Negative Level Option] (Base DC 25). Factors: Target to Area (+10), Area - 20 foot Radius (+2) +12d4 negative levels (+48) Mitigating Factors: Burn 700 XP (-7), 10d6 Backlash Damage
Save: Fort (Partial, See text)
SR: Yes

As you finish completing the spell, light is momentarily swallowed by a hissing black and purple orb of miasma that erupts out of the point you designate. All within the 20 ft radius instantly gain 14d4 negative levels. 24 hours later, if they survive, they may make a fortitude save, if they fail, the level drain is permanent.
Bringing such a large portion of negative energy to the material plane causes pain to you as your body acts as a conduit for the miasma - you take 10d6 backlash damage and lose 700 XP.

Legoman05 on

• Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Man.

That is crazy.

You've got that at level 21? "Look, I instantly kill anyone of level 12 or lower and probably anyone else, too" ?

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    NOTE: The following is an actual spell that my older brother thought up, and most Epic spells can be summed up as lesser versions of this spell, only with more backlash.

I win
    Spellcraft DC: Whatever the DM says.
    Components: V
    Casting Time: Instant
    Area: The entire plane the caster is situated on, centered on caster
    Duration: Instantaneous
    To Develop: Whatever the DM says.
    Saving Throw: None
    SR: No

Once developed, the caster must simply utter "I win" and everything on the current plane immediately takes 500d6+1500 damage, due to the plane itself being ripped apart, along with everything on/in it. The caster survives, but only a 5-foot radius circle of land beneath the caster survives the destruction.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    Legoman05Legoman05 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Man.

That is crazy.

You've got that at level 21? "Look, I instantly kill anyone of level 12 or lower and probably anyone else, too" ?

Well, I'll have to check on the item thing. If things go as they look to be though, we'll have basically restored the fallen paragon to it's proper order, so the least they can do is give me a custom item valued at 80kgp. That, and probably a few major artifacts, so that I can guard forever (Thus retiring my character) this thing that causes the gods to fall.

But yeah, if I don't get that item, I'll just have to tone it down a bit. 10d4 neg levels and a full 1000 XP burn would make it castable with only the epic skill focus feat, which I'll get at level 21. And still, that's going to vaporize everyone under level 10, and likely everyone under level 22, and if it doesn't, it just means that I get to throw out an 8th or 9th level save or die the next round, and turn their DC35 save into a DC 55+ one.

Good luck, fuckers.

Legoman05 on
  • Options
    PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Mine's better.

Elvis
    Spellcraft DC: 12
    Components: P, V
    Casting Time: 1 segment
    Area: Immediate, within 7" of caster.
    Duration: Permanent
    To Develop: None.
    Saving Throw: None
    SR: No

This causes a plate (2d6+level) of deep-fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches with bacon to appear. They are all piping hot and ready to eat. At increased levels, the number of sandwiches increases by the level of the caster, and is accompanied by "Jailhouse Rock" and "Heartbreak Hotel."

Oh yea, pretty momma.

Pkmoutl on