Options

BaconSalt

MisteriosoMisterioso Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
I thought I would share this with you. I've been a BaconSalt addict for the past year now so when I saw them at PAX I was very happy. I had to send them an email to which I received this very quick response.

We had a lot of fun at PAX, it was great to see everyone’s response and interest in trying Bacon Salt. We handed out around 6,000 samples on Friday and Saturday and before I even got home was getting Google Alert’s that folks were chatting about it on Twitter…which was awesome.

We also tried handing out samples at a Seahawks game and at Bumbershoot this weekend but had by far the best response at PAX. I <guess> gamers just love bacon the most.

Thanks again for the support it really means a lot to us,

Listen. And understand. That Misterioso is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead..drunk.
Misterioso on

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Gamers DO love bacon the most.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    SWATJesterSWATJester Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wait, where the hell was it at PAX? And where's their website?

SWATJester on
    Moderator, PAX Prime 08, 09, 10, 10-East, panels on "Legal Issues in Gaming"
    Contributing Editor, http://www.gamepolitics.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KalaylajaylaKalaylajayla Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    StrongestHylian put bacon salt on pizza...and he wouldn't stop raving about it all weekend. It must be some great stuff.

Kalaylajayla on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    SWATJester wrote: »

They were all over the place. I saw a guy dressed in a bacon suit handing out samples in the Expo Hall and Bandland, and there was a guy handing out samples in the first Q&A line as well.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    SpankyMobsterSpankyMobster Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've got a pack of Regular, Peppered, and Hickory I took home. I'm afraid to try it, for fear of never being satiated ever again afterwards.

SpankyMobster on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I've got a pack of Regular, Peppered, and Hickory I took home. I'm afraid to try it, for fear of never being satiated ever again afterwards.

please wear gloves when applying it. I once accidentally got some on my pinky finger and gnawed it off.

Misterioso on
    Listen. And understand. That Misterioso is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead..drunk.
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited September 2008
    I used most of a packet (Original flavor) on a bowl of Bacon and Potato soup from Fox Sports Grill.

It was sooooooooo good!

I love that on the back, it says that the product is both vegetarian and kosher too.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Poseidon88Poseidon88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was making pasta sauce Monday night from tomatoes out of our garden, and on a whim decided to toss in the pack of original Bacon Salt. Mighty tasty.

Poseidon88 on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I lost my packets. They look like condom wrappers, and I think that someone swiped them.

Boy, are they in for a surprise...

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I lost my packets. They look like condom wrappers, and I think that someone swiped them.

A very sexy surprise.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited September 2008

yeah, a DELICIOUS surprise!

Misterioso on
  • Options
    Poseidon88Poseidon88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    A very sexy surprise.
    Misterioso wrote:
    yeah, a DELICIOUS surprise!

Hmmmm....

I gotta go talk to my wife really quick.

Poseidon88 on
  • Options
    strongesthylianstrongesthylian Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bacon salt makes day old pizza taste like bacon old pizza!

strongesthylian on
    Now known as Rondhi. Too lazy to make a new user account.
  • Options
    skwisgaar Skwigelfskwisgaar Skwigelf Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was cautious at first taste, so I tried it on a neutral bowl of rice. It was damn tasty and it turned my rice into an interesting blood red/crimson. This then inspired me to look up bacon recipes on the web and now I NEED to try bacon flavored ice cream. Dammit...It sounds so fucked up...yet so...delicious...

skwisgaar Skwigelf on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    "Let me be the first to tell you you look like shit".
    DJFenderStradt.png
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bogey wrote: »
    I used most of a packet (Original flavor) on a bowl of Bacon and Potato soup from Fox Sports Grill.

It was sooooooooo good!

I love that on the back, it says that the product is both vegetarian and kosher too.

They were pretty damn fantastic on the fries as well. Bacon Salt might have been the best part of PAX.

Pb on
  • Options
    SpankyMobsterSpankyMobster Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My friend wants to use Bacon Grease to make frosting for Bacon Oreos

SpankyMobster on
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

They were all over the place. I saw a guy dressed in a bacon suit handing out samples in the Expo Hall and Bandland, and there was a guy handing out samples in the first Q&A line as well.

Fuck. I saw a guy dressed up as a bacon strip outside of PC freeplay and had no idea what the hell he was cosplaying as. Now I get it....

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    strongesthylianstrongesthylian Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I saw the bacon man, and immediately yelled "BACON SALT" and grabbed some bacon salt samples from the nice man dressed in heavenly pork strips.

strongesthylian on
    Now known as Rondhi. Too lazy to make a new user account.
  • Options
    teopehtteopeht Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    aww i QQ now. i saw the man in the bacon suit and for the life of me didn't know what character he was cosplaying as. and i love me some bacon :(

teopeht on
    Ravenclaw fo lyfe.
  • Options
    SWATJesterSWATJester Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Fuck. I saw a guy dressed up as a bacon strip outside of PC freeplay and had no idea what the hell he was cosplaying as. Now I get it....

Dammit me too.

SWATJester on
    Moderator, PAX Prime 08, 09, 10, 10-East, panels on "Legal Issues in Gaming"
    Contributing Editor, http://www.gamepolitics.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Being a long time bacon salt fan, I have a few suggestions:

Bacon salt + mashed potatoes = win
    Bacon salt + ramen noodles = win
    Bacon salt + scrambled eggs = win
    Bacon salt + mac and cheese = win
    Bacon salt + puppies = win

ok... maybe not that last one. Also, NEVER put bacon salt on bacon! You will create a paradox that undoes the universe.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    Post BluePost Blue Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    A friend and I tried some on a sandwich I had for lunch during PAX, and I'd bet I'm part of a dormant majority in that I found it neither great nor terrible. Just a bit eerie, like fragrant pigs had been in places they don't belong.

Post Blue on
    Moments before the wind.
  • Options
    Rocket TacoRocket Taco Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I walked right past these people twice, and now I hate myself.

Rocket Taco on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    ukiyo e wrote: »
    Being a long time bacon salt fan, I have a few suggestions:

Bacon salt + mashed potatoes = win
    Bacon salt + ramen noodles = win
    Bacon salt + scrambled eggs = win
    Bacon salt + mac and cheese = win
    Bacon salt + puppies = win

ok... maybe not that last one. Also, NEVER put bacon salt on bacon! You will create a paradox that undoes the universe.

If I was going to eat a puppy, I would definitely put some bacon salt on it.

Other things to pour it on:

Corn on the cob!
    Potato Salad!
    Green Beans!
    Put some on your vegetables,
    Hell, I even sometimes sprinkle a little on my salad.

But the absolutely best best best best best use for BaconSalt is......

Next time you make a Bloody Mary, salt the rim with Baconsalt.

Misterioso on
  • Options
    JoshEEEJoshEEE Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am so sad that I missed the bacon salt guy. I've been hearing about this for years now...and never tried any. I'm going to have to actually buy some I think...

JoshEEE on
    Bring it

GWgFmYD.png
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll probably buy some.

Which flavor do you all recommend?

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    original flavor>>>>pepper>>>>hickory

shit, its only like 4 bucks.

Misterioso on
  • Options
    BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It's shamefully blurry, for which I apologize, but this redhead amused me to no end getting the last bit of bacon salt on the skybridge on Friday. She walked passed, then about 10 feet later stopped, seemed to think about it, and then turned back to go get some all in a single motion. She and all the others that stopped and contemplated it before realizing the potential awesomeness amused me to no end.
    n691102069_728330_6884.jpg

Also, I was one of the inconvenient three sitting by the door Friday afternoon (for which I apologize, but sitting there to play DS wasn't our original plan) and I very much thank the Bacon Salt distributors for coming over and filling my bag when I shouted for them to come bring me some. I actually very seriously considered helping them, since hubby was very much involved in his Tetris and I wasn't finding any Puzzle Kombat opponents myself, but I settled on taking pics of them instead.

BrennaCeDria on
This discussion has been closed.